Wiki Posts
Search

375 Tier Miles for Silver

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2015, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Compulsory Traveller
375 Tier Miles for Silver

I need 375 Tier Miles for Silver until April 9, 2015 - well, until March 27 as I will be on holiday after that date.

Based in MUC, my guess is that AB is my best bet to get these Tier Miles - or are there better/cheaper options?
Old Mar 3, 2015, 9:02 pm

Maybe Air Serbia could be useful for your tier miles. Email Etihad for eligibility confirmation on any flights you choose just to be sure. Good luck.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 11:18 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Unfortunately, Air Serbia still doesn't have direct flights to MUC, so Air Berlin is the easiest option.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 1:20 am
Original Poster

Looking at a same-day return MUC-HAM-MUC for ~100€ and ~1500 miles. Books into Z which will not be elegible for Guest Miles, but will I still get Tier Miles?
Old Mar 4, 2015, 10:44 am

Programs: DL-SM Silver, EY-Gold, HH
Originally Posted by ritesa
Looking at a same-day return MUC-HAM-MUC for ~100€ and ~1500 miles. Books into Z which will not be elegible for Guest Miles, but will I still get Tier Miles?
Not sure about that, best to call EY beforehand to confirm. And maybe even call twice, since you can't always be sure of the knowledge of the person answering!

I wonder if you just called and asked if they can give you the 375 miles as a goodwill gesture? If they are thinking right, they should...
Old Mar 26, 2015, 9:49 am
Original Poster

Here's what happened.

I called. The CSA first told me that I will earn Tier Miles, then, after talking to a colleague, that I will only earn Tier Miles for flights that are elegible for Guest Miles as well.

Next I wrote 3 emails. No answer to my question, just generic replies of no help ("Please be informed that flights taken on airberlin and NIKI are eligible to earn Etihad Guest Tier Miles and therefore do contribute to earning or maintaining your Etihad Guest Silver, Gold or Platinum. For more information you may refer to the below link: http://www.etihadguest.com/en/earn-miles/airline/airberlin/").

Today I sent an email titled "Customer Service Complaint" and, well, complained. 4 hours later, I received an Etihad Guest E-Statement mail which stated "Tier: Silver"; my account also says "Etihad Guest Silver Card requested".

Still no answer to my question though, but I can live with that as I won't need to get these miles any more.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.