Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Global 20% Bonus Offer

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2014, 4:17 am
Original Poster

Global 20% Bonus Offer

So the Amex MR points came in to my Etihad account over 2 weeks ago but have not received the 20% bonus points. Is anyone having similar problems?

Also what is the expected response time from [email protected]? my inquiry about the above was sent 4 days ago.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 4:39 am

They have never replied in less than 15 days...just wait and keep on waiting...
Old Nov 16, 2014, 7:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sumayya
They have never replied in less than 15 days...just wait and keep on waiting...
I have had a reply (after 7 days) to say that they will look into my request.

Still no 20% bonus points after 19 days, they should have arrived within 7 days...

http://www.etihadguest.com/en/earn-m...87b221eaba2379

"Transfer your points from any of our participating partner loyalty programmes between 21 October and 31 November 2014, and we will give you 20% extra Etihad Guest Miles on all points transferred.

"Bonus Etihad Guest Miles will reflect within 7 days of the standard miles being transferred"
Old Nov 16, 2014, 9:56 am

Programs: OneWorld Emerald/GHA Discovery Black
Not that helps you (other than to show the system does sometimes work properly), my miles and bonus miles transferred into my EY Guest account on the same day (and within 3 days of requesting via the UK AmEx website).
Old Dec 2, 2014, 8:37 am
Original Poster

So I think that I have got to the bottom of why I have not had a 20% Bonus.

The original promotion on the Etihad website gave the transfer dates as 21st October to the 31st November, the same dates (with screen shots) were reported on various websites around the globe...

http://loyaltylobby.com/2014/10/25/e...ember-31-2014/

Somewhere along the way the Etihad site was updated with new dates...

http://www.etihadguest.com/en/earn-m...3ec9839f72b201
Old Dec 2, 2014, 10:11 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
31st November makes for an interesting cut-off date.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 1:54 pm

Below is the reply I got from Etihad, and I have emailed them the screenshot I took clearly shows between 21 Oct - 31 Nov.

Dear Mr. ysb41

Thank you for taking the time to contact the Etihad Guest Service Centre.

With reference to your claim regarding 20% bonus miles, please be advised that this offer was valid for transfer made between 29th Oct and 31st Nov, 14, and you have made the transfer on 28th October 2014. Hence, we regret to inform you that you do not qualify to earn bonus miles as per terms and conditions.

Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

We look forward to welcoming you again as our guest in the future.

Yours sincerely,

xx
Service Coordinator
Etihad Guest
Old Dec 3, 2014, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ysb41
Below is the reply I got from Etihad, and I have emailed them the screenshot I took clearly shows between 21 Oct - 31 Nov.

Dear Mr. ysb41

Thank you for taking the time to contact the Etihad Guest Service Centre.

With reference to your claim regarding 20% bonus miles, please be advised that this offer was valid for transfer made between 29th Oct and 31st Nov, 14, and you have made the transfer on 28th October 2014. Hence, we regret to inform you that you do not qualify to earn bonus miles as per terms and conditions.

Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

We look forward to welcoming you again as our guest in the future.

Yours sincerely,

xx
Service Coordinator
Etihad Guest
I have also emailed Etihad Guest with the screenshots taken from various websites/blogs around the globe, they clearly show the dates between 21 Oct - 31 Nov

I have had a very similar response...

"Having escalated your case, we regret to inform you that the offer was between 29th Oct and 31st Nov 14 and any transactions made outside the offer period do not qualify for 20% bonus miles"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.