Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Is the F lounge in AUH3 open? Still waiting in 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is the F lounge in AUH3 open? Still waiting in 2016

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2015, 9:24 am

Programs: TK Elite (*A Gold)
Originally Posted by eddibabyyeah
It's about a five minute walk after you clear the baggage security checks in T3. Not far at all.
Thanks mate!
Old Feb 24, 2015, 2:07 pm

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
The roped off area is to give a bit more space for the F and now 'Platinum' guests. It does confer come of the benefits of the old lounge for example there is Rose Champagne in there (my personal fave) plus the spa reception indicated that elite guests are given longer treatments though I have no way of knowing if this is true.

The shave is top notch by the way (for the gentlemen) both in the spa and in the arrivals lounge. Funny though that they aren't allowed to use the straight blade shown in the ads for hygiene reasons !
Old Feb 25, 2015, 3:00 am
Company Representative, Etihad

Dear Guests,

Please be advised that the first class lounge is still under renovation. However, our guests can get access to the Premium Lounge in T3 which locates next to the Gate 35.

Thank you. *JS
Old Feb 25, 2015, 3:14 am

any idea when this will be opening? website mentions april but heard rumors about june
Old Feb 26, 2015, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by mike84k
any idea when this will be opening? website mentions april but heard rumors about june
Now the word "April" isn't mentioned on their website. It now says: "The First Class Lounge at Abu Dhabi Terminal 3 is currently closed for refurbishment and will reopen later this year."

Reference: Here
Old Feb 26, 2015, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by sushimaru
Now the word "April" isn't mentioned on their website. It now says: "The First Class Lounge at Abu Dhabi Terminal 3 is currently closed for refurbishment and will reopen later this year."

Reference: Here
I'm pretty sure it used to say April...!
Old Feb 26, 2015, 5:48 pm

FYI the free shave is only up until about 2:00 pm when the barbers go home...
Old Feb 26, 2015, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
I'm pretty sure it used to say April...!
Yeap, it did until few days ago. So it's very likely that the lounge won't be ready in April.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 1:35 am

any updates on this lounge opening date?
Old Mar 31, 2015, 11:46 am

Programs: Etihad Gold; AirBerlin Gold; GHA Black; IC Platinum Ambassador
Is the F lounge in AUH3 open?

Last week EY staff in AUH told me June and another lady August.

From my sight the premium lounge near gate 35 is too huge and the seperatly F part is a joke. Hope the new F lounge comes really quick.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 7:36 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold
April to June for a First Lounge is a big miss! Feels like local skyscrapers go up in faster time...
Old Apr 1, 2015, 2:12 pm

This seems new:

"US Premium Lounge"

First and Business Class guests travelling from Abu Dhabi to destinations in the United States can now use our US Premium Lounge, after having cleared US Immigration and Customs. The lounge offers comfortable seating and light refreshments whilst you wait for your flight to board.

So then I wonder if when the F lounge opens are people travelling to the USA not able to use it? Since they are having a dedicated USA premium lounge? Very interesting developments
Old Apr 3, 2015, 2:06 am

The two are not related.

The pre-clearance arrangement means many people have too much time to kill at the gate. The lounge is intended to be an additional facility for premium pax who cleared too early, rather than replacing their normal lounge entitlement.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 10:24 am

Programs: UA, AA, US, AS, DL kettle
Question

Has anyone actually visited the new lounge in the precleared gate area? What's it like and how does it compare to the actual lounge?
Old Apr 7, 2015, 9:13 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold
When will the renovated F Lounge open? Any specific date? Can't believe the date could slip so far.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.