Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Is the F lounge in AUH3 open? Still waiting in 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is the F lounge in AUH3 open? Still waiting in 2016

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2015, 4:34 am

On the plus side they gave a start date for their A380 service to NYC in dec15 and it was a couple of weeks early.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by mike84k
On the plus side they gave a start date for their A380 service to NYC in dec15 and it was a couple of weeks early.
I'd guess this is because the A380s were delivered earlier than expected.
And the credit for this goes to Airbus, who did the hard work.
EY didn't have much to do with the earlier start of the A380 service to/from JFK.

The lounge though on the other hand, is something that is totally in the hands of EY, and therefore, I highly doubt the F lounge will open next year.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 11:53 am

Is there any sign of construction still going on at what it used to be T3 F Lounge? Or is it simply quiet as indicated earlier?
Old Dec 24, 2015, 4:42 am

Programs: EY Platinum/M&M Gold
Any update on an opening schedule guys?

Santa might come early!!! :-::-:
Old Dec 24, 2015, 6:35 am

Yes, Santa might indeed be ahead of his 2018 schedule by arriving in 2017...
Old Dec 24, 2015, 7:00 am

Baaaaaa Hum Bug....
Old Dec 24, 2015, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by irish mark
Baaaaaa Hum Bug....
Here at the lounge and it's quiet this evening but underwhelming. I asked about the lounge and they said "April". Then I asked that's what you said last year and 4 employees at the desk burst into laughter. Food not good tonight. Chili and roasted turkey? Really? On the bright side they gave me 2 separate massage treatments so that was good.
Old Dec 25, 2015, 2:13 pm

Programs: QFF, AAdvantage, All
If I'm flying EY20 in F into AUH, then transfer to a connecting flight in J from T3 the next day (12hr layover, leaving the airport), do I get first lounge access for the connecting flight the following day?
I know with one world airlines you don't get business lounge access if the next leg, the next day (even if within 24 hrs) is in economy, even though its an economy only flight on a J ticket. So I was wondering if the same kind of ruling applies to my question above.

Last edited by LukeO9; Dec 25, 2015 at 4:30 pm
Old Dec 25, 2015, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by LukeO9
If I'm flying EY20 in F, then transfer to a connecting flight in J the next day (12hr layover, leaving the airport), do I get first lounge access for the connecting flight the following day?
I know with one world airlines you don't get business lounge access if the next leg, the next day (even if within 24 hrs) is in economy, even though its an economy only flight on a J ticket. So I was wondering if the same kind of ruling applies to my question above.
There is no F lounge. It's a warded off area with some seating reserved for F passengers. Everything is in the lounge. You could access this area although it's not worth it (it's next to a dining area and when this is busy the F area is filled with noise). On my last stop there I left it almost 2 hours from departure - that's how annoying it was.
Old Dec 25, 2015, 5:06 pm

Programs: QFF, AAdvantage, All
Originally Posted by edy4eva
There is no F lounge. It's a warded off area with some seating reserved for F passengers. Everything is in the lounge. You could access this area although it's not worth it (it's next to a dining area and when this is busy the F area is filled with noise). On my last stop there I left it almost 2 hours from departure - that's how annoying it was.
Thanks edy.
Old Dec 25, 2015, 6:29 pm

Quite honestly, try to minimise the time spent at the airport, particularly if you would already have the next BP and the bags are checked through. You can probably leave it as late as T-60 and walk straight to your gate.
Old Dec 27, 2015, 4:43 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by edy4eva
Literally the only benefit from the F ribboned area id that they'll serve you Rose Champagne

That's it
Old Dec 27, 2015, 5:22 am

Well hopefully with the huge delay it will surpass all the other recent F lounge openings in the last few years...I haven't been in the new F lounge in Doha buts its meant to be ^ so hopefully EY have taken note.... fingers crossed for april...
Old Dec 28, 2015, 5:25 am
HB7

Programs: BA Exec Club, SIA KrisFlyer, Qantas FF, Emirates Skywards
Originally Posted by irish mark
Well hopefully with the huge delay it will surpass all the other recent F lounge openings in the last few years...I haven't been in the new F lounge in Doha buts its meant to be ^ so hopefully EY have taken note.... fingers crossed for april...
I don't a see an F lounge opening before the opening of the mid field terminal...and EY's arrogance in this matter is astonishing.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by HB7
I don't a see an F lounge opening before the opening of the mid field terminal.
Don't doubt it. Even their
shows combined Premium Lounge, which makes it look luxurious enough.

But I haven't seen any table setting like that at 0:30 - proper First Class cutleries with tablecloth, and a la carte cuisine!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.