Wiki Posts
Search

double miles promotion

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2014, 7:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: ey gold tg gold accor gold
Question double miles promotion

Dear all, Etihad have a double miles promotion running until 6th Oct... It states that double miles are available even for economy passengers, provided you select the correct class in economy. What it does not say is what classes are available for this promotion. Also being a gold card holder are you still eligible for the 50% bonus miles eg LHR -BKK one way 6500 miles + 50% 3250 for gold bonus making a total one way trip of 16250. I am just about to book on the available dates, but as usual, nothing is very clear. Can someone shed some light on this, thank-you
Old Sep 28, 2014, 7:06 am
Original Poster

Forgot the double miles. So LHR -BKK 6500 + 6500 + 50% gold bonus 3250 = 16250 one way
Old Sep 28, 2014, 10:47 am

Does EY award double miles if ticket is bought through online vendors (Eg: Expedia)?
Old Sep 28, 2014, 11:25 am

Programs: EY Guest Platinum; A3 Gold; Delta Platinum, BA Silver, IHG Gold
double miles are available for all Y flights (as far as I understand). However you will not receive double tier miles (only in C and F).
Old Sep 28, 2014, 1:44 pm
Original Poster

I spoke to a very helpful rep in Manchester tonight and after being put on hold for several minutes ( she had no idea what I was talking about ) she confirmed that all class tickets are valid except T class which is a redemption class ticket and you still get the extra 50% gold 25% silver bonus. Seems a good deal to me. Eg LHR- BKK economy saver RETURN 6500 miles ( economy saver ticket ) + 50% gold bonus of standard miles ticket = 13000 miles. With this offer 32500 miles, enough for a next time sector upgrade . I hope this makes some sense
Old Sep 28, 2014, 8:46 pm

It clearly says you can earn bonus miles by either booking online or via their call center or via travel agents. Expedia etc I feel are considered as travel agents hopefully. I,m as concerned as the rest with EY as quite often they have backed out of giving the bonus miles and flatly denying that you had not registered or something similar.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 7:48 am

I booked a trip on EY in C for travel in Oct through Expy. I noticed that when I pull the reservation in EY MMB, my first name is suffixed with salutation MR. (Ex: JOHNMR).

I have updated my booking with EY FQTV#. Does this suffixing affect miles accrual?
Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:58 am

Programs: EY Platinum, Accor Platinum,Club Carlson Gold, HH Silver
I have made my bookings via Expedia many times and never any problems getting miles and promotions credited.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 3:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by kshastry
Does this suffixing affect miles accrual?
As long as the NAME and Etihad Guest number in the booking match with the details of your Etihad Guest account, then miles will credit regardless of what salutation (Mr, Dr, HRH, President) is in your booking.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 11:53 am

Programs: TK Gold, Etihad Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold.
Hi All,

I booked a ticket 3 weeks ago before the promotion. Does anyone know if this would still be eligible? Travel is first 2 weeks of November.

Thanks,

Timo
Old Oct 3, 2014, 12:46 pm
Company Representative, Etihad

Originally Posted by tommy123
Dear all, Etihad have a double miles promotion running until 6th Oct... It states that double miles are available even for economy passengers, provided you select the correct class in economy. What it does not say is what classes are available for this promotion. Also being a gold card holder are you still eligible for the 50% bonus miles eg LHR -BKK one way 6500 miles + 50% 3250 for gold bonus making a total one way trip of 16250. I am just about to book on the available dates, but as usual, nothing is very clear. Can someone shed some light on this, thank-you
Hi Tommy,

Please see the below Terms and Conditions for the Double Miles Competition,

Book an Etihad Airways flight between 22 September and 6 October to any destination on the Etihad network on any cabin and earn double miles! What's more, you also earn double tier miles on bookings in First and Business Class.

This is a fantastic way for you to rise within the Etihad Guest programme faster.

For instance, one flight in Business Class from Abu Dhabi to Los Angeles can earn you enough miles to become an Etihad Guest Gold member! And you can also accumulate more award miles to redeem for free flights, upgrades, products on the Reward Shop or convert to cash via PointsPay.

To participate in this promotion, all you need to do is:

Book your ticket online, through our Global Contact Centre or your nearest travel agent.
Register your Etihad Guest membership number.
This offer is only valid for flights booked before 6 Oct 2014 for travel between 23 Sep and 15 Dec 2014. So, start planning your travel now and watch your miles increase.

Hope this can help. Thank you. *JS
Old Oct 9, 2014, 1:57 am

Just wondering if anyone got their 2x/3x miles from the last promo ending sep 25. credited yet?
Old Oct 10, 2014, 5:38 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Silver, Le Club Accor Gold
Hi i am flying out on 29/11 LHR to BKK but wont be coming back until 23/12. I booked on 1/10 before the promotion deadline.

Will I still get double miles on the way out or did I need to return before the 15/12 cut off?
Old Oct 10, 2014, 1:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH, SEN, RJ Platinum, ALL Diamond, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Nikolai1
Just wondering if anyone got their 2x/3x miles from the last promo ending sep 25. credited yet?
Nikolai1,

I'm also still waiting for those 2x/3X miles promo that ended SEP 25th.
Had two flights in Business bot none got the 2x miles so far.... Any one else with same issue?

Last edited by Atlantico; Oct 12, 2014 at 4:02 am
Old Oct 20, 2014, 3:39 pm

I did send an e-mail asking about when the miles will post, but still no answer, customer service / goldguest is getting slower and slower.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.