Search

First to MAN? Since when?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2014, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
First to MAN? Since when?

Just noticed the 10am departure ex AUH has a F cabin now but this is just for the next couple of weeks then back to the two cabin flights. Anyone know what's going on and if this will be long term?
Old Sep 22, 2014, 2:13 am

I thought at first they might be using the Jet Airways configuration as they are doing on some MAN flights next Feb (my flight included). However, these flights over the next few weeks do not mention Jet so not sure what they are doing.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 3:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mjmal51
I thought at first they might be using the Jet Airways configuration as they are doing on some MAN flights next Feb (my flight included). However, these flights over the next few weeks do not mention Jet so not sure what they are doing.
They seem to be running this for two weeks and then nothing. Weird! Maybe they are testing the route but then no advertising at all about it so how is one meant to know.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 1:52 pm

Programs: BA - Silver,Hilton-Diamond, IHG - PlatAmb, GHA - Plat
Bugger, knew I shouldnt have let my colleagues choose EY16 on Sunday.. might have been in for an op-up
Old Sep 23, 2014, 6:07 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
I wish it was permanent.

Mind you it is hard to understand how they can improve on the business class product on this route apart from some more space because the service on this route is usually exceptional
Old Sep 23, 2014, 6:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

There seems to be no consistency in when they are operating the F cabin. Spoke with EY and they weren't aware of this themselves. The agent only believed me once I gave him the dates.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 8:14 am

Just realised that I am on this EY21 next Tuesday and see that F is available. Wonder if I will be offered to bid for an upgrade?

Edit. Unfortunately I am not eligible to bid as I am using redemption points for J. Maybe grovelling at check in would work.

Last edited by mjmal51; Sep 23, 2014 at 8:27 am
Old Sep 23, 2014, 2:37 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Etihad lists a first and business class lounge at MAN is this true? Seems like a waste of money to operate a first lounge and not operate F on the plane.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Well I am booked for a F cabin flight. Anyone know what happens if they decide to change the aircraft down the line to a two cabin one.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 8:35 pm

Programs: ❶❷ ใจ ± ♪♪♪ 7¾³ © ™
Originally Posted by Yoshi212
Etihad lists a first and business class lounge at MAN is this true? Seems like a waste of money to operate a first lounge and not operate F on the plane.
There is only one lounge at MAN that I know of and sometimes it quite full.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 3:53 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
There is only the one Etihad lounge at Manchester BUT it has to be one of the best lounges in the world for customer service and I have not found it overcrowded on my visits.
Of course it does not have the same facilities or catering as the first class lounge at Abu Dhabi but this is more than made up for by the staff
Old Sep 24, 2014, 4:56 am

Programs: ❶❷ ใจ ± ♪♪♪ 7¾³ © ™
Originally Posted by amnicoll
There is only the one Etihad lounge at Manchester BUT it has to be one of the best lounges in the world for customer service and I have not found it overcrowded on my visits.
Of course it does not have the same facilities or catering as the first class lounge at Abu Dhabi but this is more than made up for by the staff
I think LHR is much nicer. I must hit it on just an average day every time I visit because that's all it is, average in my opinion. I always like to get there early, on one visit I was asked to move so a family could sit together, when I pointed out another empty places because I was plugged into a socket I was told that they wanted to face each other and that I could unplug a lamp. I admit that I am a grumpy traveler but I do like Etihad in the air.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 4:57 am

Have to agree, very good personal service and it is plenty large enough to accommodate a full quota of J class on the planes operated from MAN. There are only 2 flights a day.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 5:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Andy49
I think LHR is much nicer. I must hit it on just an average day every time I visit because that's all it is, average in my opinion. I always like to get there early, on one visit I was asked to move so a family could sit together, when I pointed out another empty places because I was plugged into a socket I was told that they wanted to face each other and that I could unplug a lamp. I admit that I am a grumpy traveler but I do like Etihad in the air.
I love the F lounge in LHR. The kids room with a nanny is a great idea.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 5:44 am

Programs: HH Diamond, EY Gold, AY Silver, MR Plat
Much nicer than the J lounge in AUH. Although, that wouldn't be hard to beat, as most of the time I find it difficult to even get a seat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.