Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EY Delayed Baggage Compensation

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2016, 4:24 am

Just slightly pertinent to the original post. Flying F SYD-LHR (although my flight actually originated in LST-Tasmania- with partner Virgin) my bag appeared to be missing on arrival LHR. Every one from Etihad really pulled the stops out to help, I ended up with a dedicated Etihad staff member looking after me, my bag did turn up after 1.5 hrs, with Etihad staff running down the concourse to inform me, chauffeur had to wait, but that was also dealt with efficiently by Etihad. Cannot praise their assistance more, they were very good.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 11:47 am

Programs: BA Silver, TK Silver, HH Diamond, IHG Plat AMB
Family member who lives in Doha and has flown DOH-AUH-MAN arriving 4th July in business class.

Bags didn't turn up on Manchester.

Trying to get answers out of the call centre is a pretty useless affair. They mentioned $40 per day but this is a pittance when you think a pair of shoes can cost that and that's without other essentials.

What is a reasonable amount to expect to be able to claim back for purchases? Or are they pretty strict?

Last edited by Boddingtons; Jul 5, 2016 at 11:53 am
Old Jul 6, 2016, 2:38 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Boddingtons
Family member who lives in Doha and has flown DOH-AUH-MAN arriving 4th July in business class.

Bags didn't turn up on Manchester.

Trying to get answers out of the call centre is a pretty useless affair. They mentioned $40 per day but this is a pittance when you think a pair of shoes can cost that and that's without other essentials.

What is a reasonable amount to expect to be able to claim back for purchases? Or are they pretty strict?
My bags haven't arrived. Also flew via AUH on 4th.
An agent I spoke to advised they have a breakdown and have issues with 5000 bags
Old Jul 7, 2016, 8:47 am

Programs: TK Gold, Etihad Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold.
Hi All,

I flew Doha to Paris and my son's car seat did not make it.

I was told by the airport staff to buy a new car seat and Etihad would refund the cost given that a car seat is required in France for young children.

They do not know where our car seat is at this point, but we are still hoping it eventually shows up.

I will keep you posted if I ever get the refund of the new car seat for the delay.

Cheers,

Timo
Old Jul 7, 2016, 9:03 am

Programs: HH Diamond, EY Gold, AY Silver, MR Plat
Originally Posted by whiskerxx
My bags haven't arrived. Also flew via AUH on 4th.
An agent I spoke to advised they have a breakdown and have issues with 5000 bags
I noticed something on their FB page yesterday which mentioned that due to extremely high demand in AUH because of Eid, there were problems with baggage transfers affecting most flights.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 4:03 am

Programs: AS MVP 75K, AA Platinum, IHG Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by eddibabyyeah
I noticed something on their FB page yesterday which mentioned that due to extremely high demand in AUH because of Eid, there were problems with baggage transfers affecting most flights.
I have been without my bag for a week in Africa, presumably due to the same problem. I would say that if EY can't expect to function properly during the holidays they ought to shut down the airline rather than to knowingly dump thousands of passengers without their bags, with no communication or compensation
Old Jul 18, 2016, 5:29 am

Hi All,

We got our car seat back, but are still awaiting for Etihad to respond on the refund of the new car seat that we had to buy to drive in France.

Cheers,

Timo
Old Jul 19, 2016, 7:30 am

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by mirandaK
never got miles for delayed baggage but if you request at the airport you usually receive an envelope with 30$ or so in local currency. Thats just for your first days necessities.
LH gave me AED500 (USD135) for a delayed bag into DXB. (Nice gesture but still.......F ticket) EK has never lost a bag of mine which I prefer
Old Jul 26, 2016, 1:29 pm

After 3 weeks of submitting my claim, I am still waiting for a response from Etihad. I sent 2 follow-up e-mails and still no response...

Cheers,

Timo
Old Jul 26, 2016, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by timo469
After 3 weeks of submitting my claim, I am still waiting for a response from Etihad. I sent 2 follow-up e-mails and still no response...

Cheers,

Timo
That's terrible. Etihad's customer service really can be appalling outside of the actual in-flight experience.

Have you tried reaching out via twitter, Facebook, or through Etihad Help here on FT?
Old Aug 24, 2016, 11:32 am

Hi All,

I got a response from Etihad after over a month, but not an acceptable one. They stated wrongly that I was a resident of France and not entitled to compensation. I responded that I live in Doha and am not a resident of France. They then stated that I am not entitled to compensation as my son's car seat was provided to me the next day.

I informed Etihad that I required a car seat for further travel and that it is illegal to drive in France without one, and that they had lost the one I was traveling with.

I was simply responded that they offer 5,000 miles and that their offer was fair and final. I tried reaching out via facebook. Does anyone know if there is a phone number or e-mail I can send this to for escalation?

Thanks,

Timo
Old Aug 24, 2016, 2:40 pm

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by timo469
Hi All,

I got a response from Etihad after over a month, but not an acceptable one. They stated wrongly that I was a resident of France and not entitled to compensation. I responded that I live in Doha and am not a resident of France. They then stated that I am not entitled to compensation as my son's car seat was provided to me the next day.

I informed Etihad that I required a car seat for further travel and that it is illegal to drive in France without one, and that they had lost the one I was traveling with.

I was simply responded that they offer 5,000 miles and that their offer was fair and final. I tried reaching out via facebook. Does anyone know if there is a phone number or e-mail I can send this to for escalation?

Thanks,

Timo
I'd stick in a claim in France, particularly in Nice if there's a reason to link it there you cannot leave the airport without the seat in the car.

I've switched to hand carry only with them after waiting for 80 mins for my bags in AUH as a Platinum with First tags on the bags.

Life's shorter than yet another change of clothes !
Old Aug 27, 2016, 11:07 am

Programs: EY Platinum/M&M Gold
Bangkok seems to be dodgy at the moment. We had a shortish connection on the way from Dub to BKK as our inbound flight to AUH was delayed. We actually asked the cabin manager on our AUH to BKK flight if our bags made the flight and were told yes. BUT yes wasn't right; so one bag went missing for one day and the other for three days . Because the last carrier was Bangkok airways we had to deal with them even though our suitcase never actually left AUH. Hard shell suitcase lost a wheel both directions. On the way out to USM bangkok airways just took our case away and got it fixed. No compensation asked for or offered. We got bumped C to F on the way out so fair was fair.

Our hardshell lost a wheel again and i lost a bit of patience on our BKK to AUH leg so since we had a layover in AUH we send a few emails back and forward to EY. We got offered 10,000 miles as a gesture and a new suitcase (1/3 the price of the original suitcase). We pointed this out and in fairness they offered a new case the exact same as the one that was damaged once we got home if we could provide a receipt. We turned it down for a further 10,000 miles.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 3:52 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Thought I'll ask this in this thread rather than opening a new one.

My cousins flew in to the UK from Abu Dhabi on 9th September on a short holiday.

The ticket was purchased via the EY website but the flights were on Air Berlin and Flybe .

The Itinerary was

AUH DUS on Air Berlin and then DUS BHX on flybe. All purchased via the EY website. The flight into DUS was delayed but they still were able to make the connection to Flybe and reached BHX. The bags didn't arrive.

On contacting EY they are trying to get the bags back to them today (12th September).

Does EY provide for expenses like clothes etc. They had to literally buy everything in the UK.

I have asked them to keep reciepts of everything just in case.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 7:17 am

unfortunatly they are going to have to try get compensation from flybe as they are the last carrier even if EY might be at fault here. thats the international rules for baggage and is really a pain in cases such as this

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.