Wiki Posts
Search

Advice Requested: EY B787 J, F or CX F?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2014, 9:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: Active: AA, UA, DL
Advice Requested: EY B787 J, F or CX F?

So I want to fly IAD-AUH. Is the incremental increase in mileage to fly in EY F on the B787 worth it over EY J? It'll cost me 22.5k more AA miles.

Alternatively, I could fly on CX F between the USA and HKG and then CX J between HKG and AUH.

Here's my cost breakdown:
IAD-AUH EY F 90.0k miles
IAD-AUH EY J 67.5k miles
JFK-HKG CX F, HKG-AUH CX J 97.5k miles
JFK-HKG CX C, HKG-AUH CX J 85k miles

Does EY F's service score much higher than CX F's?

First world problems.

- Pat

Last edited by Wiirachay; Jul 31, 2014 at 9:16 am
Old Jul 31, 2014, 9:26 am
DSI
formerly declinespecificinformatiom

I think it is, since the champagne is better. I have very little experience with flying compared to basically everyone on Flyertalk, but I think CX F was better than EY F. But that's probably due to all 12 cabins being full vs. 3 seats and a super friendly server over a non-night flight. In other words, my opinion is worthless.

100% EY simply for convenience would be my advice. And a new plane to boot!
Old Jul 31, 2014, 12:13 pm

If it was me...EY F all the way. You have a dedicated lounge at IAD, better/more food, new plane, free transportation plus the convenience of not having to go to JFK. When people ask should I do J or F in regards to mileage redemption. The answer is going to almost always be F assuming you have a large pool of miles. It's only 20K more so why wouldn't you? I have flown CX F and the food is good not great. CX only really wins here in terms of its entertainment selection but the new 787 on EY is supposed to have the brand new Panasonic touch screen and even more options before so EY won't be really that far off in terms of entertainment. It's a no brainer! Also EY has won best FC the past several years.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 9:18 am

No brainer. F or J is up to you, but definitely take the non-stop. IAD-JFK-HKG-AUH in a mixture of domestic, F and a long flight in J makes absolutely no sense vs. the most convenient non-stop in a brand new EY 787.

If the extra miles isn't too much of an issue, of course F would be significantly nicer.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 11:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: Active: AA, UA, DL
Thanks. I redeemed my miles for travel in F on EY between IAD and AUH and C on EY between AUH and JNB.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.