Search

Premium Stopover Eligibility

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2014, 9:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Premium Stopover Eligibility

Hi,

I'm looking to book SGN-AUH-NYC in J for late september, and was considering choosing to have a 9+ hour layover instead of a 1 hr 20 min layover to avoid EK103 and the Jet wetlease.

I would be arriving at 00:50 and connecting onto EK101 at 10:30.

Would I be eligible for the Premium Stopover (link below) if I booked this?

http://www.etihad.com/en/plan-and-bo...ium-stopovers/

Thanks in advance
Old Jul 27, 2014, 3:53 am
gkl

Programs: FB Ulti, QR-Gold (OWS), TK *Gold, Bonvoy Ambassadort Elite, GHA Titanium, Accor Platinum
they talk about a 2-nights stay for Business and 3-nights stay for First. I suppose the purpose is to boost tourism in Abu Dhabi and I´m not sure, if this offer is for transit guests, but I would recommend to contact the mentioned email-address. I did this one time in the past and they answered rather quickly.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 7:43 am

Programs: EY Guest Platinum; A3 Gold; Delta Platinum, BA Silver, IHG Gold
Does anyone know if I am allowed to book the stopover when I am traveling on an award ticket (DUS-AUH in F; AUH-LHR in C)?
Old Aug 1, 2014, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by zumiker
Hi,

I'm looking to book SGN-AUH-NYC in J for late september, and was considering choosing to have a 9+ hour layover instead of a 1 hr 20 min layover to avoid EK103 and the Jet wetlease.

I would be arriving at 00:50 and connecting onto EK101 at 10:30.

Would I be eligible for the Premium Stopover (link below) if I booked this?

http://www.etihad.com/en/plan-and-bo...ium-stopovers/

Thanks in advance
The connection time needs to be 24hr or more to be considered as a valid "stopover" with EY, otherwise you just have a very looooooong connection.

(Technically, since you're only "in transit", they won't even have to provide chauffeur transfer to/from AUH airport for you. Although one can always try one's luck at the arrival desk for the chauffeur from the airport, getting back, on the other hand, is a whole different story.)

Had luck booking premium stopover package with less than 48hr stopover before, but still technically stayed for 2 nights (arrived 00:30, departed on the 10:30 the day after).
Old Aug 2, 2014, 2:33 am

If not try booking the Premier Inn for the night. It's a short walk across from the terminal and the rates are reasonable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.