Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

6 Hour AUH Layover 8pm-2am - Anything to do?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

6 Hour AUH Layover 8pm-2am - Anything to do?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2014, 4:57 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Similar to the OP (before he changed his ticket), my wife I will be arriving from ORD at 7:30pm, connecting flight departs at 2am.

Would love to pop over to the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque. Looks like last entrance is at 9:30pm, so that is tight, but doable.

How long would it take to get through immigration and to the mosque? We are flying business class and have US passports, so I wouldn't think this would be too cumbersome?

We would then likely go have a late dinner somewhere before heading back to the airport around midnight. Does this sound feasible? Any suggestions?
Old Sep 1, 2014, 10:36 pm

Programs: EY Platinum
If you use the Fast Track and don't have to pick up bags, and your plane arrives at an airbridge rather than remote, I reckon you could be at the mosque within 45 minutes of landing.

If you arrive at a remote gate and there's a queue even at Fast Track, then it's 60 minutes+.

For dinner, you could go to one of the Shang/Fairmont/Traders or the Souk al Bahar. All of these are directly on the opposite side of the creek from the mosque.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.