Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Etihad Airways, Philippine Airlines ink partnership deal

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2014, 10:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, VX Silver, HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, JPM Palladium

Etihad and Philippine Airlines have announced a new strategic partnership agreement that covered codeshares, loyalty programs, lounges, airport operations and more.

http://www.ausbt.com.au/etihad-airwa...rtnership-deal
Old Jul 9, 2014, 1:24 pm

This new partnership nicely fits into EY's strategy of collecting "the bad and broken" airlines for its network. Amazing. Did not Swissair default because of a similar strategy (by the way, advised by McKinsey over many years)? Well, good thing is EY cannot default.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 8:54 am

Programs: -
Etihad gold benefits on Philippines Air

Anybody experienced Philippines post the partnership announcement? Trying to figure out what benefits to expect as a Gold.

The website below shows the benefits for PAL elites when flying Etihad, but not other way around.

https://www1.mabuhaymiles.com/airlin...tihad-airways/
Old Sep 8, 2014, 1:33 pm

Programs: EY Gold - CX Silver
I contacted Phillipines mid August, no perks for EY status holders at that point.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 9:55 pm

Programs: Gold: VS, SQ, AF/KL
This was a smart move for EY. My friends, who live in Manila and are Philippines passport holders, wanted to go to Spain a week ago for the FIBA basketball championship to cheer Team Filipinas. They are Philippine airline elite members and were planning to go to London since Philippine Airlines flies there. However, due to the hassle of applying for another visa, etc. (they already have a schengen visa), they opted to fly Etihad/Alitalia instead to go to Spain and it all worked out! They flew in business class and loved the experience!

I hope the partnership works out both ways but at this point, I think PAL elites who plan to travel to Europe (not including the UK) who only have a schengen visa would fly EY/AZ to get there.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 6:43 am

Not sure if I believe their contact center, they just told me it wasn't possible to add my Etihad guest member to my reservation.

When I go book a ticket online this is easily done...
Old Sep 10, 2014, 9:13 pm

Programs: FB Platinum for Life, Etihad Gold, AA 1m Miles
Hi, just used PAL Express for Manila Palawan. Etihad Gold allowed me to avail of my extra baggage allowance. Thus no charge for hold baggage. Useful benefit. Required some talk between staff at Manila check-in and Palawan check-in but worked both ways.
Still awaiting posting of miles on my account. Probably take a few weeks.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 4:51 am

Thanks for the update hedon1. Any other benefits? Mostly concerned with priority boarding/check-in.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold

How clumsy of them. Why didn't they sign the deal?
Old Sep 16, 2014, 5:27 am

Programs: EY Platinum, Accor Platinum,Club Carlson Gold, HH Silver
When flying out of Manila the extra baggage was ok, but going back from Tacloban i had to argue, they wanted to charge me for my baggage since they claimed the extra kilos only counted on code share. Anyone heard something about that?

The miles posted already to my account but not doubble according to the promotion

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.