Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

EY HYD - AUH Business class Arrival lounge and other info

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2012, 8:36 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

My parents are going to Dubai for 4 days HYD - AUH using EY award tickets. Few questions.
1. They arrive at 7AM. Is there any arrival lounge to freshen up or only departure lounge?
2. Any one know how do dubai hotels work for early arrival? Do we need to book for the night before or do they allow that early check in?
3. On the return the flight is 9PM. How early they can check in and get into airport? That way they can check out from hotel and spend the rest of the afternoon exploring airport.
4. Any fast track immigration for business class? I had one in DXB for EK
5. Do they provide chefferer service at HYD and AUH both ways (4 in all) or only 2? The reservation says 2 but I am not sure if it is 2 per leg or 2 in all.

Thanks
Old Aug 13, 2012, 6:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Starbucks Gold, CO Op gold
Please see responses in Red, good luck

Originally Posted by kcdude
My parents are going to Dubai for 4 days HYD - AUH using EY award tickets. Few questions.
1. They arrive at 7AM. Is there any arrival lounge to freshen up or only departure lounge?
There is no arrival lounge in Abu Dhabi.
2. Any one know how do dubai hotels work for early arrival? Do we need to book for the night before or do they allow that early check in?
General rule of thumb for UAE hotels are 14:00 hours check in, 12:00 hours check out, exceptions can be made but hotels should be notified
3. On the return the flight is 9PM. How early they can check in and get into airport? That way they can check out from hotel and spend the rest of the afternoon exploring airport.
AUH airport aint that big that it requires exploring. But checking out at 14:00 and then leaving Dubai by around 15:00 means they would arrive in AUH by around 16:00, takes about an hour, sometimes less, depends where in Dubai they are staying. But usually its 3 hours before departure, but since it is AUH they should be able to check in earlier.
4. Any fast track immigration for business class? I had one in DXB for EK
It is a seperate side of terminal 3 for business passengers. If they have to use terminal 1 then yes there is a fast track immigration.
5. Do they provide chefferer service at HYD and AUH both ways (4 in all) or only 2? The reservation says 2 but I am not sure if it is 2 per leg or 2 in all.
I dont know for sure, but even if it is 2 then just use 1 each from both tickets and they can share it each time under the one booking.

Thanks
Old Nov 11, 2012, 7:53 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Omar84
Please see responses in Red, good luck
HYD-AUH and AUH-HYD arrive and depart from terminal 1. I see business class lounge in terminal 3. Can they check in at terminal 3, stay in lounge and go to terminal 1 at time or how does it work? Is there a business class accessible lounge in terminal 1?

Any other advise to make their experience better? The travel dates are 11/22 to 11/26.
I reserved in JW Marriott for them as I am a marriott Platinum and expecting upgrade for them.

Recommendations on city tour and dessert safari service providers?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.