Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Etihad Guest Silver - Lounge Access

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2012, 6:21 am
Original Poster

Will be flying Etihad economy from Narita.As an Etihad Guest Silver can I use the ANA lounge.

Thanks

Last edited by 747boy; Jun 24, 2012 at 6:33 am
Old Jun 26, 2012, 2:33 am

Programs: HH Diamond, EY Gold, AY Silver, MR Plat
silver lounges

I dont know this particular airport. But I was under the impression that EY silver have access to lounges. I know recently that they changed the policy in Abu where silver are no longer permitted in the business lounge in T3 and have to goto the lounge in T1. Have a look at their website, they list the lounges which they use in particular airports
Old Jun 28, 2012, 7:39 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
Yes you can certainly use the lounge. The best thing about this lounge in Narita is the massage amenity upon entry. Additionally, they will also offer to iron your clothes.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 4:51 pm

Programs: Etihad guest Silver
I ve been recently got my etihad guest silver membership. ( never thought to get it as i'am only flying 1 time a year from BRU - AUH - BKK)
Will I get lounge access in BRU and BKK?

If i'am still travelling one time per year to BKK for the next 4years will I get gold status?

Keep on flying!
Old Jul 27, 2013, 6:26 pm

Programs: TK E,*G, A-Club G
Andy, I guess you got silver because you made 2 trips in a 12 months period: You need to accumulate 25,000 Etihad Guest Tier Miles or travel 20 Etihad Guest Tier Segments within any consecutive 12 months period to become an Etihad Guest Silver Member.

Yes, you will get lounge access in BRU at Brussels Airlines lounge (nothing special) and Thai Airways Orchid lounge in BKK, depending on departing concourse (mostly E), average, but I often take a shower there coming from a domestic flight.

And no, you will not get gold by flying once/year: You need to accumulate 50,000 Etihad Guest Tier Miles or travel 40 Etihad Guest Tier Segments within any consecutive 12 months period to become an Etihad Guest Gold Member.
Old Jul 29, 2013, 12:04 pm

Programs: Etihad guest Silver
@tartempion

Ok thanks for the reply as I was also asked the same question by Etihad FAcebook and confirmed the lounge access also.

I will be happy to get lounge access in the BKK Thai orchid lounge instead of waiting or slumbering in the duty free zone and paying overrated drinks and food with my last thai baths.

Better than nothing in my opinion
Old Jul 29, 2013, 9:51 pm

Programs: TK E,*G, A-Club G
@Andy,

Thai Orchid lounge is not bad at all, just don't expect much food there compared to EY AUH Business class lounge or even All Reem when flying Y
Old Aug 6, 2013, 4:53 pm

Programs: EK Silver, EY Silver, QR Gold, Marriot Plat, Hertz 5*, M&M Silver, BA Silver
Etihad Guest Silver should give you lounge access at most airports. You can check this out at the check-in counter for confirmation. If you dont have a card, they will give you an invitation card.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 9:33 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Flying Blue Gold

I have recently been downgraded from Gold to sliver. Etihad Silver does not automatically get you access to business class lounges! It is up to the discretion of lounge/checkin. I normally ask politely at check in and hope for best they will give me the invite card. Dublin/AUH (Al Raheem only) are usually good about it. New Delhi never ever allow access with it, although i seem to remember they didn't even allow me in with my Gold card with economy ticket either. I am not sure about others like Narita. Good luck!
Old Aug 20, 2013, 3:31 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
Lounge access is a stated benefit for silver. .... or has it changed.... ?
Old Aug 21, 2013, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by cln
Lounge access is a stated benefit for silver. .... or has it changed.... ?
It has not changed. Lounge access is a stated benefit. I have never had issue in 5 years at any airport no matter what the class of travel. Even on a redemption ticket you have access.

Whenever you travel in Coral Economy Class with Etihad Airways you can enjoy the luxury of our exclusive Pearl Business class lounge before your flight. When traveling or transiting out of Abu Dhabi International Airport, you are invited to use the Al Reem Lounge facility in Terminal 1. For your further convenience, you can also use the new dedicated check – in counter in Terminal 1.

http://www.etihadairways.com/sites/E...estSilver.aspx
Old Aug 24, 2013, 9:31 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Flying Blue Gold

Next time I go to New Delhi (October '13) with Coral class etihad, I will try to get a written letter from etihad to give me lounge access, but I won't hold my breath about getting access there with my Silver card. It has never happened in 2+ trips/year for last 4 years. Dublin and AUH always let me in (Al Reem only in AUH).
Old Aug 27, 2013, 2:11 pm
cln

is it possible to pay for etihad lounge access ? flying with my fiance... on the return we booked pearl but on the first flight coral... silver has no companion allowed for lounge so i question myself if it is possible to pay for her to access the lounge ?
Old Aug 30, 2013, 5:47 am

Originally Posted by cln
is it possible to pay for etihad lounge access ? flying with my fiance... on the return we booked pearl but on the first flight coral... silver has no companion allowed for lounge so i question myself if it is possible to pay for her to access the lounge ?
I am not sure what the exact rule is with payment into lounges. Last year my wife and I were flying out of Manchester with our 3yr old. We were both silver and my son had no status. At checkin we were told that he could pay the guest fee of £25, payable on entry. When we got to the lounge the lady on the door said there was no need to pay and he could come in with us for free.

I am not sure if the guest fee only applied because he was a child or if this option was open to anyone. I guess you could ask at checkin. If you have some EY points, you could look into using them for lounge access:

https://www.etihadairways.com/sites/...d-lounges.aspx
Old Aug 30, 2013, 1:46 pm
cln

Thanks !!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.