Are 2 bags allowed in AA - domestic flight

Subscribe
I am flying to Asia in Etihad from Chicago but but my domestic flight is in AA. Can I check in two bags free in AA?
What class of service? Are both flights on one reservation?
I just flew with EY and AA on the same PNR.

Even though I got emails from Expedia (where I booked the ticket) saying i would be charged for the 2nd back on AA, I was not.
Quote: What class of service? Are both flights on one reservation?
Its economy class and not booked on two separate reservations. My two friends did same thing and one was charged on second bag and other was not.
Quote: Its economy class and not booked on two separate reservations. My two friends did same thing and one was charged on second bag and other was not.
If you booked on the same PNR the "over the water" carrier rules apply. if not, you will be charged most of the time.
Would the reverse be true as well?

I'm ticketed on Etihad from LHE to AUH and AUH to LHR. Then I'm on AA (BA metal) from LHR to ORD.. all economy and on one ticket. Would Etihad let me check in 2 bags in LHE, since my flight is terminating in the U.S.?
Quote: Would the reverse be true as well?

I'm ticketed on Etihad from LHE to AUH and AUH to LHR. Then I'm on AA (BA metal) from LHR to ORD.. all economy and on one ticket. Would Etihad let me check in 2 bags in LHE, since my flight is terminating in the U.S.?
Yes. You should be able to check your bags all they way since it is on one ticket.
Quote: Yes. You should be able to check your bags all they way since it is on one ticket.
Cool, thanks for the clarification. I was just worried they would slap me with the one bag limit because they are only taking me to London.. but yes it's all on one ticket.
Quote: If you booked on the same PNR the "over the water" carrier rules apply. if not, you will be charged most of the time.
MSC = Most Significant Carrier. Quite a few of the eticket receipts that I have seen lately clearly spell out the luggage allowance for all flights.
Quote: MSC = Most Significant Carrier. Quite a few of the eticket receipts that I have seen lately clearly spell out the luggage allowance for all flights.
Yeah, my latest one says 1 bag each for each segment..

ORD - LHR - DXB - LHE .. first leg on AA, rest on EK..
LHE - AUH - LHR - ORD .. first two legs on EY, then AA (BA metal).

So I'm not quite sure what the real story is.. Emirates and Etihad are clearly the most significant carrier, but perhaps it's 1 bag only because EK and EY don't consider this a trip to/from the U.S. since they're not only taking me between LHR and LHE?