Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Sign in using an external account

Old May 15, 12, 12:17 pm   #1

Are 2 bags allowed in AA - domestic flight

I am flying to Asia in Etihad from Chicago but but my domestic flight is in AA. Can I check in two bags free in AA?
mak101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 12, 10:35 am   #2

Programs: AA PLT, Hilton Honors
What class of service? Are both flights on one reservation?
bruadair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 12, 10:19 pm   #3

I just flew with EY and AA on the same PNR.

Even though I got emails from Expedia (where I booked the ticket) saying i would be charged for the 2nd back on AA, I was not.
optimusflyimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 12, 11:11 am   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruadair View Post
What class of service? Are both flights on one reservation?
Its economy class and not booked on two separate reservations. My two friends did same thing and one was charged on second bag and other was not.
mak101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 12, 11:44 am   #5

Programs: AA PLAT & Lifetime Gold, UA GOLD, HH Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG PLAT, Marriott Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by mak101 View Post
Its economy class and not booked on two separate reservations. My two friends did same thing and one was charged on second bag and other was not.
If you booked on the same PNR the "over the water" carrier rules apply. if not, you will be charged most of the time.
aglp2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 12, 12:23 am   #6

Would the reverse be true as well?

I'm ticketed on Etihad from LHE to AUH and AUH to LHR. Then I'm on AA (BA metal) from LHR to ORD.. all economy and on one ticket. Would Etihad let me check in 2 bags in LHE, since my flight is terminating in the U.S.?
pakraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 12, 10:30 pm   #7

Programs: AA PLAT & Lifetime Gold, UA GOLD, HH Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG PLAT, Marriott Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by pakraider View Post
Would the reverse be true as well?

I'm ticketed on Etihad from LHE to AUH and AUH to LHR. Then I'm on AA (BA metal) from LHR to ORD.. all economy and on one ticket. Would Etihad let me check in 2 bags in LHE, since my flight is terminating in the U.S.?
Yes. You should be able to check your bags all they way since it is on one ticket.
aglp2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 12, 9:56 am   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by aglp2k View Post
Yes. You should be able to check your bags all they way since it is on one ticket.
Cool, thanks for the clarification. I was just worried they would slap me with the one bag limit because they are only taking me to London.. but yes it's all on one ticket.
Old Jun 12, 12, 4:03 am   #9
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Quote:
Originally Posted by aglp2k View Post
If you booked on the same PNR the "over the water" carrier rules apply. if not, you will be charged most of the time.
MSC = Most Significant Carrier. Quite a few of the eticket receipts that I have seen lately clearly spell out the luggage allowance for all flights.
Old Jun 12, 12, 11:49 am   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by holtju2 View Post
MSC = Most Significant Carrier. Quite a few of the eticket receipts that I have seen lately clearly spell out the luggage allowance for all flights.
Yeah, my latest one says 1 bag each for each segment..

ORD - LHR - DXB - LHE .. first leg on AA, rest on EK..
LHE - AUH - LHR - ORD .. first two legs on EY, then AA (BA metal).

So I'm not quite sure what the real story is.. Emirates and Etihad are clearly the most significant carrier, but perhaps it's 1 bag only because EK and EY don't consider this a trip to/from the U.S. since they're not only taking me between LHR and LHE?