Seat Selection on New Emirates Web Site

Subscribe
Is it still possible to select seats in advance using the new Emirates web site?
Yes + you can now select seats in economy class.

cheers,
I recently bought a Economy Class ticket for Christmas and tried to make a Seat Request on the new website, but it says "Not Applicable" and won't let me choose seats.

I don't have a Frequent Flyer Program on my booking -- is that why it won't let me choose seats? I thought the new website would let me choose seats even if I don't have a FFP number.
Quote: I recently bought a Economy Class ticket for Christmas and tried to make a Seat Request on the new website, but it says "Not Applicable" and won't let me choose seats.

I don't have a Frequent Flyer Program on my booking -- is that why it won't let me choose seats? I thought the new website would let me choose seats even if I don't have a FFP number.
I'm having the same problem. All I could do is call the reservations and request seats, but they aren't ones that I want.
Quote:
I'm having the same problem. All I could do is call the reservations and request seats, but they aren't ones that I want.
Do you have EK Skywards, or some other FFP Number on your reservation?
I don't think that you need to be a Skywards member. I booked an EK flight for my sister on Y last week (she's not a member) and not only can I make online seat selection, I came back later to the booking and changed the seat selections again. Other than seat selection, you can also choose special meals as well ^

Go to "Manage a Booking" tab, key in your last name & booking reference. It should be able to see your booking. Maybe the problem is the website is still new and there are still some bugs that needs to be ironed out.
I had the same problem with seats as some other posters here. I have four bookings for Dec/Jan and I was determined to make this seat allocation tool work! This is what eventually worked for me...

1) Go into "Manage a Booking"
2) Enter another airline's FF# (I used a United MP#)
3) Exit Booking
4) Re-enter "Manage a Booking"
5) Click "Add" under seat request.
6) Exit Booking

No matter what I did, I could not make a seat assignment with my Skywards acct added to the reservation. Also, I couldn't (and still can't) enter my API info succesfully and eventually had to call EK for that.
krazykat: Did you make the reservation online? Is there any FF# on the reservation (you said there was no Skywards)?

PhlyingRPh: So you're saying we still do need a FF# on the reservation to get seat assignments.

I'm hoping to get seat assignments without using a FF#. The reason for that is I'm not sure yet if I want to claim the miles on EK or on UA.
From what I can tell, you need a FFN on the reservation of some sort for advanced seat selection on the web. I think only one person on the locator reservation needs to have it, and everyone on the reservation can pick a seat based on experience.

Rasheed
I wonder if you have to have bought the ticket online because my ticket was purchased on expedia and my itinerary contains an airline other than Emirates. That is my guess as to why I can't select seats.
Quote: krazykat: Did you make the reservation online? Is there any FF# on the reservation (you said there was no Skywards)?

PhlyingRPh: So you're saying we still do need a FF# on the reservation to get seat assignments.

I'm hoping to get seat assignments without using a FF#. The reason for that is I'm not sure yet if I want to claim the miles on EK or on UA.
I spent a lot more time than I should have dinking around w/ the new website and I found that only by entering a FFN could I access the seat assignment page.
Quote: krazykat: Did you make the reservation online? Is there any FF# on the reservation (you said there was no Skywards)?
Yes, I made the booking online for my sister who doesn't have an FF# via the new website 2 weeks ago. Just made a dummy booking without any FF# and I could select my seats at the end of the process. I don't know why it didn't work for the others.
Quote: I wonder if you have to have bought the ticket online because my ticket was purchased on expedia and my itinerary contains an airline other than Emirates. That is my guess as to why I can't select seats.
No, not a problem either. I worked on a AF/DL/EK reservation that was done on Cheaptickets and using the EK booking code, I was able to select seats as long as there was a FFN number. This was also an e-ticket by the way and DL was the issuing airline.

Did you call EK to add your FFN? -- I did not expect the online travel agency to transfer the FFN properly.

Rasheed
Quote: Yes, I made the booking online for my sister who doesn't have an FF# via the new website 2 weeks ago. Just made a dummy booking without any FF# and I could select my seats at the end of the process. I don't know why it didn't work for the others.
Ah, okay. I am referring to reservations not made at emirates.com.

Rasheed
Quote: No, not a problem either. I worked on a AF/DL/EK reservation that was done on Cheaptickets and using the EK booking code, I was able to select seats as long as there was a FFN number. This was also an e-ticket by the way and DL was the issuing airline.

Did you call EK to add your FFN? -- I did not expect the online travel agency to transfer the FFN properly.

Rasheed
This is the exact same situation as mine. Our itinerary has AF/EK/DL booked on expedia. I can access the reservation on emirates.com and add and change everything but seats. It is the only option that shows "not available" or something similar. I can add FFN, meal requests, and contact info, but not seats.