Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Any EK trip reports in F (JFK-DXB route) ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2007, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Hello are there any new TR of EK's new product in F on this route ?
Old Oct 29, 2007, 2:00 pm

Programs: UA-Silver; Hyatt Platinum; SPG Gold
Not sure about actual trip reports but I have taken this flight round trip 4 times in the past year. 2X with the A340 Suites and 2X on the 777.

I was greatly pleased with all the flights but the suites are especially nice. I hope they bring back the suites if they ever shift the non stop flight back to the A340. I was told by an EK agent that the reason is the 777 is a larger plane and they needed more seats to sell overall.

The best part for me about EK first class apart from the suites is the on demand meal service. That is an awesome feature. You eat when and what you want. No forced feeding at the airlines time.

The seats on both planes are basically the same and I thought were quite comfortable for the long flight. Of course both have the ICE system so there are a ton of options for entertainment.

The one bad part for me is the return from DXB to JFK. The gate area is really a mess. There is no priority boarding and you have to go thru another metal detector due to traveling to the US. EK really needs to step up the ground handling for First Class expecially at their home airport.
Old Oct 29, 2007, 7:12 pm
Mandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: Amex Centurion. Amanjunkie. AA & DL Platinum
Originally Posted by TMOTEE
Not sure about actual trip reports but I have taken this flight round trip 4 times in the past year. 2X with the A340 Suites and 2X on the 777.

I was greatly pleased with all the flights but the suites are especially nice. I hope they bring back the suites if they ever shift the non stop flight back to the A340. I was told by an EK agent that the reason is the 777 is a larger plane and they needed more seats to sell overall.

The best part for me about EK first class apart from the suites is the on demand meal service. That is an awesome feature. You eat when and what you want. No forced feeding at the airlines time.

The seats on both planes are basically the same and I thought were quite comfortable for the long flight. Of course both have the ICE system so there are a ton of options for entertainment.

The one bad part for me is the return from DXB to JFK. The gate area is really a mess. There is no priority boarding and you have to go thru another metal detector due to traveling to the US. EK really needs to step up the ground handling for First Class expecially at their home airport.
So am I to understand that the nonstop from JFK-DXB is not the suites?
Old Oct 29, 2007, 7:48 pm

Programs: UA-Silver; Hyatt Platinum; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by plumbar
So am I to understand that the nonstop from JFK-DXB is not the suites?
Correct. The 777 has basically the same seats. They are completely flat and semi private but are not the enclosed suites. It has been like this since March or April of this year. The A340 with the suites make the flight form JFK-HAM-DXB.
Old Oct 29, 2007, 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by TMOTEE
Correct. The 777 has basically the same seats. They are completely flat and semi private but are not the enclosed suites. It has been like this since March or April of this year. The A340 with the suites make the flight form JFK-HAM-DXB.
Thanks for the info!
Old Oct 30, 2007, 7:54 am

Programs: Delta DM, *A Plat
I posted an "F" trip report (in the suites) in the trip report forum in February 2007.

Either plane is very nice in F. Even though the 777 does not have suites, the window seats in F are very private. I prefer 1A or 1K on the bulkhead so that I can get out easily.

Enjoy!
Old Oct 30, 2007, 8:02 am
Original Poster

Thank you for your replies !
Old Oct 30, 2007, 12:56 pm

In another post, another member (Emirates777) has reported that all 77W's on the non-stop flights to JFK will now be equipped with the new mini-suites (almost identical to the 345) and lie-flat business class seats. The new ICE system will also be onboard.

773ER
Old Dec 6, 2007, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by 773ER
In another post, another member (Emirates777) has reported that all 77W's on the non-stop flights to JFK will now be equipped with the new mini-suites (almost identical to the 345) and lie-flat business class seats. The new ICE system will also be onboard.

773ER

Can anyone confirm if the JFK-DXB (201/202) on the 777 is definately equipped with the new F suites? I am think of taking the 11pm flight out of JFK in a few weeks.

Thanks for the info
Old Dec 6, 2007, 9:50 pm

Programs: AS MVP
I'm booked on EK203 in first next July. Looking at the service details for the flight through January, the first seats are shown as the older ones. However, starting in February, the service is shown with the suites. Moreover, when I selected seats, there were only 8 in first (1-2-1 across). In both seatexpert.com and seatguru.com, all versions of the 777-300ER show a 2-2-2 config for First.

The changes must be coming next year.
Old Dec 6, 2007, 10:54 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by getonline33
I'm booked on EK203 in first next July. Looking at the service details for the flight through January, the first seats are shown as the older ones. However, starting in February, the service is shown with the suites. Moreover, when I selected seats, there were only 8 in first (1-2-1 across). In both seatexpert.com and seatguru.com, all versions of the 777-300ER show a 2-2-2 config for First.

The changes must be coming next year.
Yep - it gets more and more confusing. 77Ws now come in 3 flavours:

Flavour 1 - ICE,Cradle J,Sky Cruiser F, Regular Y
Flavour 2 - ICE,Lie-flat J, Sky Cruises F, Weber Y
Flavour 3 - ICE,Lie-flat J, Suite F, Weber Y (same config as 77Ls)

AFAIK, the suites are currently operating EK201-204 but I may be wrong.

Cheers,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.