Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2015, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sydtogla
Emirates Seating Guide

A380

First:
  1. Solo travelers: some say row 4 is loud from the galley behind, while row 1 may be a bit more cramped than other rows. Most suggest rows 2 or 3, seats A or K.
  2. Couple: E/F seats in rows 1-3 are all fairly similar.
Business:
  1. General: the mini cabin at the back has a more secluded feel, though some comment that there is noise from the bar beyond row 23.
  2. Solo travelers: most prefer seats A and K (solo seats on sides with windows).
  3. Couple: aim for seats E/F to be closer together.
Economy:
  1. General comments: upgrade if at all possible!

First:
  1. Solo travelers: Row 1, especially 1a and 1k, is the worst because of galley and lavatory right in front. Noisy and high traffic. Not much difference between row 1 and 2 in terms of space on the 77w for k or a seats.
  2. Couple: there is not really any difference between row 1 and 2 for e and f seats except 1 is near the galley and 2 is near row 6 in j where there may be children
Business:
  1. General: There is limited direct aisle access as the configuration is 2-3-2. The rear J cabin will have Y pax move through on boarding.
  2. Solo travelers:
  3. Couple: 7 j and k are great if you don't mind the missing window. It's in the private mini cabin - a great choice unless you like window gazing. You also don't get y traffic passing through this cabin as you turn left on entry!
Economy:
  1. General comments: Y on the 777 is for slim people.
Print Wikipost

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2012, 1:23 am

Programs: Air NZ Airpoints
I read a few pages of this thread but could only find info for people travelling alone in F on the 777-300ER. We have requested 2E/2F. If 1E/F is available upon check-in, would there be any advantage? Less noise from J if J is full? Edit: Just read the FAQ on seating and it says to avoid row 1 but doesn't specify why. What are the advantages/disadvantages of 1E/F vs. 2E/F?

And this is a rather specific question, but for anyone that's flown DXB to GVA, would A or K be better for the views out of the window (or are they pretty much the same)? We plan to sit 1A/2A or 1K/2K on this shorter leg for some daytime views.

Thank you for any help.

Last edited by 1aaa; Jan 15, 2012 at 1:40 am
Old Jan 16, 2012, 2:41 pm

First post on this site. I am flying Emirates Business Class from Manchester to Melboune on 1st March. Going on EK20 from Manchester and EK406 from Dubai to Melbourne. I seem to get conflicting views of what seats are like, i.e. are they sleeperettes or lie flat. The Emirates site says they are sleeperettes on EK20, but when I go into my booking it implies they are lie flat. Has anyone flown on these 2 flights recently and can advice on seat type.

Also, booked in 7A/7B from Dubai to Melbourne. seatguru advises disadvantage of these seats is window misaligned. Is this very significant or do you still get a window.

Thanks
Old Jan 16, 2012, 3:25 pm

Programs: KL Gold SkyTeam Elite Plus - SEN M&M *G
Row 6 & 7 are perfect. I prefer even row 7 because there is no one behind you in the smaller mini cabin.

Flights from DXB to MEL are always lie flats. Equipment can change out of MAN.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 4:42 pm

Programs: Mucci des Epices Exotiques, BAEC Gold,EK Gold,SPG,Marriott,Club Carlson
Originally Posted by To Eat.To Drink
It starts at row 6. I'm in 9 - only other option further forward is row 6 (bassinet). Should I stay where I am?
Ft101, do you think the plane will have F section?
Thanks!
Old Jan 21, 2012, 5:31 pm
Moderator, Trip Reports

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by To Eat.To Drink
Ft101, do you think the plane will have F section?
Thanks!
Yes, the flight will have an F section. The mini-J cabin (rows 6 and 7) tend to be the most preferred by the regulars here (including me). 6A/7A are the best IMHO. I've never worried about misaligned windows, never bothers me.

PS Sorry, are you talking about your flight from BHX to DXB? Or something else now?
Old Jan 22, 2012, 3:58 am

Programs: Mucci des Epices Exotiques, BAEC Gold,EK Gold,SPG,Marriott,Club Carlson
Originally Posted by eightblack
Yes, the flight will have an F section. The mini-J cabin (rows 6 and 7) tend to be the most preferred by the regulars here (including me). 6A/7A are the best IMHO. I've never worried about misaligned windows, never bothers me.

PS Sorry, are you talking about your flight from BHX to DXB? Or something else now?
Thanks, yes, BHX-DXB.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 2:07 pm

Bhx-DXB flight was 3 class in the end. Seems like everyone was shifted forward 2 rows so I ended up in F (with J service). Nice wide seat but a bit hard and uncomfortable. Not complaining though, it was a pleasant flight.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 9:40 am

Hallo,

in July I will travel from Amsterdam to Manila, with a stop in Dubai. I was wondering witch seats are better, 46 A or 47 A ? I googled it and I saw on a other forum, that the 46A has extra leg space, but on seatguru it says its a seat with problems?

What is your advice?
Its the 777-300 by the way.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 6:06 am

Originally Posted by gerritbouma
Hallo,

in July I will travel from Amsterdam to Manila, with a stop in Dubai. I was wondering witch seats are better, 46 A or 47 A ? I googled it and I saw on a other forum, that the 46A has extra leg space, but on seatguru it says its a seat with problems?

What is your advice?
Its the 777-300 by the way.
46A.

Do it.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 7:31 pm

Programs: SAA, HHonors Gold, Skywards Gold
3 of us travelling J dxb-jnb A380. 25 E,F,K ? Unfortunately 23 is unavailable. Views?
Old Feb 1, 2012, 11:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Originally Posted by m0-m0
3 of us travelling J dxb-jnb A380. 25 E,F,K ? Unfortunately 23 is unavailable. Views?
Row 25 is too far at the back and would be noisy. Why not sit somewhere up front?
Old Feb 2, 2012, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by ung1
Row 25 is too far at the back and would be noisy. Why not sit somewhere up front?
I like the atmosphere of the mini cabin at the back, just like the mini cabin on the 777-300ER... haven't flown the A380 before, just never got it on my routes until now. So you suggest sitting up front?
Old Feb 2, 2012, 4:51 am

I like the atmosphere of the mini cabin at the back, just like the mini cabin on the 777-300ER... haven't flown the A380 before, just never got it on my routes until now. So you suggest sitting up front?
The problem with Row 25 is that it's very close to the bar so may experience some noise from any revelry in there.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 5:50 am

Originally Posted by ft101
The problem with Row 25 is that it's very close to the bar so may experience some noise from any revelry in there.
Ok thanks, I get what you guys mean. I've changed it to 11 E,F,K. Hope the service is as good as on smaller cabins, since the No. of passengers is much more than the 773ER.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 6:40 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Originally Posted by ung1
I like the 777 row 6 because you're right behind F with minimal disturbance. I wouldn't pick row 6 on 332 where it's the only row with galley behind.

With 380 I'd rather be right in front where there's minimum traffic and least disturbance. When I want some revelry all it takes is a 15 second walk to the bar. The problem is always making ones way back

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.