Search

Journey to Platinum/Tier miles

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2017, 12:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: Emirates
Smile Journey to Platinum/Tier miles

Hi All,

New to the forum so forgive me if this has cropped up before.

I have approx 115,000 tier miles with Emirates, I expect another 15,000 over next four weeks but I only have until the end of Sep 2017 to hit 150,000 in order to achieve platinum - I think I will end up short approx 15,000 tier miles - is there any tips/tricks to either extend out target date or to achieve platinum?

Thanks
Old Aug 22, 2017, 1:17 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Where are you based? If you are in Dubai, it will be easier, but maybe quite expensive.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 1:40 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Hi Andy, there isn't a trick, you've got the option of doing a mileage run (what DYKWIA is probably alluding to), or however, are you aware of how EK calculates your qualifying year?

EK uses a rolling 13-month period. This means if you would be achieving 135k miles by end of September (15k short), and had earned 20k miles last year in September, in October the 20k from last September would fall of the end of the 13 month window as it rolls forward, and you'd sit in October at 110k miles.

What this means is that you don't have to wait an entire year to try again, if you've got lots of flights booked in October or November you can achieve your Platinum status then, you'll just also lose out on the miles from last September (and maybe October) so you have to make those up AND additional miles to get to 150k, if that makes sense?

So in the above example, if you were to fly 40k miles in October you'd get Platinum in October. The best way to look at this is either in the Emirates App (Android, not sure if iOS is the same), if you are on "My Account" and rotate your phone to landscape it shows a monthly line-up of your earnings and you can scroll and it shows the tier miles earned for the visible (13-month) period. You can also go to the EK website and log in to your account and visit your statement and the top of the page shows a similar kind of rolling period display.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.