Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

How does the free car transfer works?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2017, 3:40 am
Original Poster

Sorry if this is a repost (I'm sure it is), but I've been searching the qatar website/my booking page/the flyertalk forum and couldn't find the answer yet.

First time flying business (me and a friend) this coming september out of Geneva and we were wondering if we could enjoy the free ride to the airport, if it's worth it.

I've seen somewhere that they do offer the service out of GVA, up to 90km from the airport. The only thing is: I can't find for the life of me where do I book the service? Am I that daft?

Oh and would you think it worth it when going by train is pretty easy in Switzerland (Lausanne-GVA)

Thanks for the help in advance!

Cheers
Old Jul 17, 2017, 4:53 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Are you sure you're not confusing with Emirates? No car service with QR as far as I am aware.

Qatar Airways and Chauffeur Service
Old Jul 17, 2017, 4:55 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Are you sure you're not confusing with Emirates? No car service with QR as far as I am aware.

Qatar Airways and Chauffeur Service
This definitely doesnt sound like a QR service, but I dont know enough about GVA.

I'll leave this post here until later today, and then send it over to the EK Forum, and into your domain!

M
Old Jul 17, 2017, 5:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by msm2000uk
This definitely doesnt sound like a QR service, but I dont know enough about GVA.

I'll leave this post here until later today, and then send it over to the EK Forum, and into your domain!

M
That would explain why I'm not finding the info anymore.

Although I'm dead sure I was on a qatar airway website which stated the distance from each airport the car could come get you... It's weird.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 5:48 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Probably move it into this thread Qatar Airways and Chauffeur Service (with other, probably disappointed, FT members thinking chauffeur service was a perk on QR).

BTW: EY phased it out too and I suspect that it might be axed by EK as well on certain outstation.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 8:58 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Not really sure why this had been moved here, as it makes even less sense now

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.