Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Fares unavailable on Emirates site

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2017, 5:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond Select, BA Blue

So I enter my travel dates and tick the box that says my dates are flexible. I get a grid of fares back and pick on of the lowest ones. When I go to look at the flights available, the indicated fare is simply not available. In fact, the cheapest possible fare I could book is double what the summary grid indicated!

Why does this happen?
Old Jun 26, 2017, 5:42 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
If you provide the dates and routing perhaps we could check what happens when we search it. Tried the mobile app?
Old Jun 26, 2017, 5:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond Select, BA Blue
LHR-DXB return.

Outbound: 11 July
Return: 17 July

Lowest price fare shown: 363GBP

When I go to choose flight, the cheapest possible fare is 408.37 (outbound) + 197.70GBP (return) = 606.27GBP

I am not impressed!
Old Jun 26, 2017, 6:00 am

On the mobile app I'm able to select flights for that price. Like I said, have you tried it?

on the mobile website i can also select the flights for that price. They're operated by QF. You sure you're checking properly for the lowest price in the listed options?
Old Jun 26, 2017, 6:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
On the mobile app I'm able to select flights for that price. Like I said, have you tried it?

on the mobile website i can also select the flights for that price. They're operated by QF. You sure you're checking properly for the lowest price in the listed options?
Bingo!

I had to expand the option to show 'x more outbound/inbound' flights. I still can't get the advertised fare but it's better than what I saw before. I'll try the mobile app to see if I can actually book a flight for the indicated price.

Thanks for that! Apologies to Emirates for my lack of knowledge of using their site.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 6:08 am
Original Poster

Just noticed that the price has gone up by about 60GBP in the space of a couple of minutes.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 6:55 am

There was a single Qantas flight with Savers for the return at around GBP130ish, but we don't know how many seats, and given there are quite a lot of tickets sold ex LHR/to LHR chances are the seats at that fare were sold.

Just bad luck unfortunately, can't blame EK for that. In terms of not finding the fare on the website, possibly poor UX design, probably because its a codeshare flight not operated by EK so they hide it further down.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 1:47 am

On the full web site, there's a button labelled "Sort by" which has a choice of "Recommended" or "Price" amongst others. "Recommended" puts EK flights before QF and the button appears twice, once before the Outbound choices and once before the Inbound (used to be once only at the top I think).

I suspect you could have found the flights you were after using this.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 3:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by rumbataz
Just noticed that the price has gone up by about 60GBP in the space of a couple of minutes.
of course it has. By posting your dates here, we all went and searched for flights on those dates, and the spike in interest means EK can now raise their fares.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.