Wiki Posts
Search

Wet sock on EK353

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2017, 4:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Skywards Silver
Wet sock on EK353

Had an interesting trip from SIN to DXB this morning. First the IFE kept stuttering, reset twice but to no avail, so as there were no 2 seats together had to sit apart from the wife. Went to the toilet at some point and discovered pee on the floor which I inadvertently stepped in. So washed the sock, which is now in a plastic bag and wore a flight sock instead.

All the above logged with the very apologetic and helpful purser.

I thought I would visit customer service in the lounge, only to be informed by the Skywards dragon that I should complain about my wet sock online, and she was utterly uninterested

Plus points - the food and service were excellent and I bumped into Roger McGuinn of Byrds fame on the way out of the lounge in SIN this morning.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 5:50 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Silver
Never ever go to the loo without shoes or slippers.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 6:01 am

Programs: Skywards gold
Even if it's not wet.... there is always pee on the floor of the toilets. Always wear footwear, or as a minimum wear the flight socks so that at least yours don't pick up any... things...
Old Mar 23, 2017, 6:09 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

I saw a woman going to the loo in her bare feet on EasyJet the other day. Fortunately, the cabin manager spotted her, and "advised her strongly" to go and put some shoes on.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 6:12 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by MosquesAndKebabs
Never ever go to the loo without shoes or slippers.
never go anywhere!
Old Mar 23, 2017, 6:37 am

Reading the title made me think you found a wet sock on your seat or something. :P

On a more serious note, how could you possibly go to the lavatory without your shoes on?
I do mostly short-haul flights, but I've never taken my shoes off on a plane.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 6:45 am

Programs: EK Gold
Least it was only pee on the floor of the toilets...
Old Mar 23, 2017, 9:15 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Why would you complain about your wet sock when that was entirely your fault?
Old Mar 23, 2017, 10:17 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by whimike
Well, not entirely his fault - he didn't pee on the floor . But I am not sure a complaint belongs anywhere, gross as that is.

I always wear flight socks just so I can walk around the cabin without shoes and dispose of them at the end of the flight.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 11:33 am

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
At least the sock is providing some level of protection. The number of guests that use the lavatories in bare feed is astounding.

Last edited by ACYYZ/SD; Mar 23, 2017 at 1:12 pm
Old Mar 23, 2017, 11:45 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by Gig103
Well, not entirely his fault - he didn't pee on the floor . But I am not sure a complaint belongs anywhere, gross as that is.

I always wear flight socks just so I can walk around the cabin without shoes and dispose of them at the end of the flight.
Flight socks just don't protect enough from potential pee or anything else. That's why I always bring a pair of F or hotel slippers.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 12:00 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by Gig103

Entirely his fault. Who would walk outside in a rain storm with only socks then complain their socks were wet? Not entirely their fault because they didn't cause the rain to hit the ground?

It is common sense that toilets have all sorts of things on the ground, including pee and water from people washing their hands, just as it is common sense that if it rains outside the ground will be wet. If you want to wear socks in such an environment go ahead, but don't complain about it later.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 12:14 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by whimike
Old Mar 23, 2017, 3:15 pm

Programs: none
I fly back in coach where they teach us not to pee on the floor.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 12:53 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Bit of a confusing / misleading thread title.
I was expecting a story of jimthewhiz finding a wet sock in his seat pocket....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.