FA using the bathroom in front of travellers?

Subscribe
Observation:
On a recent EK flight to Sydney, I saw the cabin supervisor of the area I was seated in (the very front of the A380 in Y), proceed to unlock the toilet at the very front of the cabin up some stairs after they had already been locked as we were 5-10 minutes away for landing, then used the bathroom and was buckling his pants while standing at the very front of the cabin, visible to numerous passengers myself included. Am I the only one that finds this unprofessional, and frankly quite disgusting? interested to hear your thoughts.
I have far more important things to worry about than a FA going to the loo. He'd probably been busy the last few hours, so it was the best time to go (when everyone else was strapped in for landing).
Quote: I have far more important things to worry about than a FA going to the loo. He'd probably been busy the last few hours, so it was the best time to go (when everyone else was strapped in for landing).
When i saw the thread i thought the same however the buckling of pants in front of pax I agree is perhaps a step too far, especially in front of female pax. Guys see other men buckling their pants in bathrooms all the time given the fact we have different facilities
As this was the cabin supervisor, what did the service director say when you reported it?

99% of problems are best dealt with on the spot or shortly thereafter. If it was not important enough for you to deal with in the moment, it is not worth a second's thought now. Move on with your life.
When ya gotta go, ya gotta go. Not negotiable.

And if you are responsible for the safety of several hundred people, sometimes ya gotta hurry so you can take care of your own business first, so you can then help others. Sometimes, that means you need to rush.

Everything came out okay, so to speak. It's not like he took a wiz in the galley, you know.

We've all seen SOOOO much worse on planes. Let it go.
I am confident he washed his hands!
I don't see the issue here. What was he supposed to do? Keep holding it in! I'd much rather someone goes in a toilet than on the floor!
Totally scandalous indeed.

FA, and especially pursers, should be dedicated 200% to PAX comfort and security.
He should have taken his precautions before the 14-hour flight.

(In a serious note : we've all had these oops moment. It's a non-event.)
If I am reading the OP correctly they were NOT upset that he used the toilet, but that he came out and was buckling up his pants.
Quote: If I am reading the OP correctly they were NOT upset that he used the toilet, but that he came out and was buckling up his pants.
I just think it could have been done much more discretely, rather than using the easily most visible lavs in the cabin in front of all pax. I have no problem with him using the toilet, just the (un classy) way in which it was done.
I agree that this is a pretty minor thing to complain about.
It's quite unprofessional but going for a pee is perfectly natural. Everyone does it. As long as his bits weren't on display then I'd just tut and let it pass.
Quote: If I am reading the OP correctly they were NOT upset that he used the toilet, but that he came out and was buckling up his pants.
The OP's own choice of thread title doesn't support that view.
Quote: The OP's own choice of thread title doesn't support that view.
When Flyertalk places one of these discussion on the Home page they write the title, not the OP. Often if you look into the airlines discussion page the same article has the original title, not the one Flyertalk places on the Home page.
Quote: I just think it could have been done much more discretely, rather than using the easily most visible lavs in the cabin in front of all pax. I have no problem with him using the toilet, just the (un classy) way in which it was done.
Good heavens! There's often a rush at "last call" before preparation for landing, and the FA's will allow passengers to go first so that they can get back to their seats. That puts the FA in the inevitable position of being last in line, and having to complete his or her business when all others are seated and into their landing preps. At that point, the FA should use whatever lav is most convenient. Period.

I have no more concern about seeing an FA enter or leave a lav than I would have driving down the highway past a farm and seeing all those naked animals.