Search

180k-190k points

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2017, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Emirates skywards
180k-190k points

Hi all

firstly thanks for this forum it's really insightful into all things emirates.
Can any of you guys help please

I'm going away with the family, wife and 2 kids (under 5) and we've booked using a travel agent to go to Dubai flying Emirates out of BHX beginning of June. By the time we go I'm going to have accrued around 180k-190k miles.
I cant work out what flight code we have been booked on i.e. Flex, flex saver etc how will I know this (I do have a PNR number) as I can't work this out I can't work out how many points I need to upgrade us all. Also would it be possible to upgrade 4 people on 1 flight?

Cheers for your help in advance
Old Jan 20, 2017, 5:23 pm

Programs: AA MM, AA EXP; OW Emerald, EK silver
Log onto your Emirates account and pull up your reservation - several ways to do this depending on whether your agent noted your EK number on your reservation or not. There is an option under the manage your reservation to request an upgrade for your flights, it'll let you know if upgrades are available and how many miles are needed. it's pretty straightforward the main thing is to locate your reservation either through the EK member number or your PNR.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 12:15 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
If you have the 6-charactee booking reference then just go to Manage My Booking on the Ek website and next the each flight in the itinerary it will show the fare type.

The auto-upgrade feature only works 30 days out apparently.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 9:08 am
Original Poster

Thanks guys that's great I've logged on and found my booking using my PNR code. It doesn't allow me to upgrade yet but I'll keep an eye on it nearer the time. Anyone got any ideas how many points will be needed for us to all upgrade?
Old Jan 21, 2017, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by sow40
Thanks guys that's great I've logged on and found my booking using my PNR code. It doesn't allow me to upgrade yet but I'll keep an eye on it nearer the time. Anyone got any ideas how many points will be needed for us to all upgrade?
https://www.emirates.com/account/za/english/miles-calculator/miles-calculator.aspx?h=d7d6e748109f308bfb21cbed1c1f8f16 485c1c5&s=boolSignOn false&pub=/za/English&lang=en_ZA&pageurl=https//www.emirates.com/account/za/english/miles-calculator/miles-calculator.aspx&stop_mobi=yes
Old Jan 22, 2017, 2:33 am

It sounds like you might be on a Saver Fare, and these can't be upgraded until check in opens 48 hours before departure.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 2:47 am
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
If you are on a saver ticket, you may need to purchase a few more miles. Also note that you have to pay departure tax ex-UK when you upgrade to a higher cabin.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 4:52 am
Original Poster

I thought I might be on a saver rate. Which means I'm going to need at least 230k for 2 adults how many will I need for the kids? Is it possible to upgrade with the kids?
Cheers
Old Jan 22, 2017, 5:53 am

I thought I might be on a saver rate. Which means I'm going to need at least 230k for 2 adults how many will I need for the kids? Is it possible to upgrade with the kids?
Cheers
I think it's the same miles for kids. You can upgrade them but you need seats to be available and the miles.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 10:16 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
Cheers
They will be fine in Y. I'm sure you could find an obliging passenger to watch them.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

Haha!! Could you imagine

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.