Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Overnight transfer with an infant

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2016, 2:36 am
Original Poster

Overnight transfer with an infant

Arrive 5'ish pm, leave 10am. Eligible for DC but thinking of staying airside in the airport hotel.

The reason is to save an hour each way (and the hassle) for clearing immi/ride to-from hotel/checkin-out the hotel.

And assuming I go the DC way, what hotel is using these days for F?

Not sure if either hotels have bassinets?

Thanks
Old Oct 27, 2016, 3:32 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Le Meridien or Al Bustan Rotana AFAIK, both 5-star so should be able to accommodate
Old Oct 27, 2016, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by edy4eva

Not sure if either hotels have bassinets?
Airside hotel can provide bassinet or babybed. Had the same request this summer and contact the hotel. Did not need it after all because we had only a 4 hour layover and relaxed in the lounge.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 1:29 pm

Programs: EK Blue, EY Guest, AA, QR
What will be your origin and destination?
Old Oct 27, 2016, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LonghornDXB
What will be your origin and destination?
BEY to MEL

Not sure about the relevance to the questions though.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 11:49 pm

Sleep schedules, which can be quite important with an infant
Old Oct 27, 2016, 11:53 pm

So next morning, you'll need to be at the airport by around 8 am and wake by 7 am. DXB time which is ahead of BEY ...

It would be worth not having to wake early to do the hotel checkout and transfer, so airside hotel sounds much better.

If you were flying in from the east, you would be up by 6 or even 5am, and a hotel outside would have been more feasibe ,,,, thats why I asked the city of origin
Old Oct 28, 2016, 2:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LonghornDXB
So next morning, you'll need to be at the airport by around 8 am and wake by 7 am. DXB time which is ahead of BEY ...

It would be worth not having to wake early to do the hotel checkout and transfer, so airside hotel sounds much better.

If you were flying in from the east, you would be up by 6 or even 5am, and a hotel outside would have been more feasibe ,,,, thats why I asked the city of origin
Good thinking. ^

I have requested the DC service any way. If we arrive late into DXB or for whatever reason feel tired, we'll just head to the airport hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.