Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates screwed my birthday party

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates screwed my birthday party

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2016, 1:31 am

Originally Posted by aceboy44
I meant I choose the date on my birthday to see what Emirates would offer me on my birthday. I did not enjoy my trip to Seoul and wanted to get home earlier but was curious if Emirates would do something special like how other passengers had a full-cake all for themselves.
You're lucky you actually got a cake, I once had a birthday cake loaded (the surprise cake turned up on MMB as a SPML) but I presume the crew ate it because I didn't get it! (Yes, this was J class)
Old Oct 21, 2016, 1:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Acey, why didn't you fly the following day at 23:55? That would have been your birthday!
If you read my post earlier then you should have noted that I mentioned I did not enjoy Seoul. Actually I'm surprised how I managed to survive 8 days in Seoul!

If it was Hong Kong, 16 days would not have been enough for a vacation. I have no idea why ticket prices to Seoul are much higher than Hong Kong/Tokyo

Originally Posted by eternaltransit
You're lucky you actually got a cake, I once had a birthday cake loaded (the surprise cake turned up on MMB as a SPML) but I presume the crew ate it because I didn't get it! (Yes, this was J class)
My meal also appeared as a SPML in the booking. I clearly mentioned to the crew on my flight that I had a special meal order to avoid having the same experience as yours.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 1:48 am

Programs: EK Gold
Originally Posted by pdh
Next time speak to your Emirates Party Coordinator, there are many options available for your onboard party experience:

- White tigers
- Champagne fountain
- Slip and slide
- Go go dancers
I didn't get white tigers I am gutted

I did get clowns and jugglers and the captain let me have a go on the flight controls too.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 2:05 am

Originally Posted by LondonElite
A funny story, though I think you need to brush up on some techniques a bit. Make the irony and juxtaposition more obvious to really have your audience in stitches.
No need for any of that - the post is a serious piece of reportage to warn frequent flyers like ourselves of the shocking service deficiencies of a "5-star"/"airline of the year" and on top that, to highlight the total failure to offer any service recovery compensation (extremely important) for the oversight of both the musical accompaniment and 8 slices of cake. Truly an astonishing lack of any appreciation for service, not for the airline of the year, but any airline!

It is a public service warning, not a humorous op-ed!
Old Oct 21, 2016, 2:25 am

I believe in karma, people get what they deserve......
Old Oct 21, 2016, 2:28 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by iRobert
I believe in karma, people get what they deserve......
More of a Jalfreizi man myself.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 2:31 am

More of a Jalfreizi man myself.
Well done
Old Oct 21, 2016, 3:00 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher

The EK ambassadors on here (me, m3red and whmike) are always treated very well. I can't remember the last time I didn't get upgraded to F - even though I generally only book Y class. We also get F lounge access and chauffeur drive, and often get invited to EK functions - which are generally fantastic events.

Maybe you should look at trying to become an ambassador of one of the airlines, as this may help with your search for better service? Maybe try the BA forum - as I heard they are looking for an ambassador at the moment.
As the QR Forum Moderator, and ex-Ambassador, I would be honoured to see you onboard a QR flight.

You are clearly a man of fine taste, and can spot the difference between Excellent service, and 5 Star award winning Arabic hospitality.

While EK clearly do not value your custom, QR have gone out of their way to show their appreciation to me.

On my last birthday, I was onboard a QR flight.

Not only did they sing to me in English and Arabic, they gave me a birthday cake with a sparkler, a box of dates, a tour of the cockpit mid-flight, and a certificate.

All of the above however, was forgotten when I was greeted by Ali Al-Baker upon landing.

He gave me a piggyback to security, then gave me a dartboard with the picture of the Delta CEO on.

While the grass isn't always greener, the sand is definitely more yellow.

M
Old Oct 21, 2016, 4:30 am

You planned your birthday based on statements by an aviation blogger!!! That's on you man, don't blame EK. [rant]Particularly this blogger, dozens of posters correct and explain how things work, yet he keeps writing tosh like there is no tomorrow. It takes a world to raise a blogger.[/rant]

@et
May I remind you it is just SkyTrax's rating. Many don't read much into it, other than aviation bloggers.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 4:37 am

Originally Posted by avcritic
@et
May I remind you it is just SkyTrax's rating. Many don't read much into it, other than aviation bloggers.
Oh, I am well aware of the methodologies and objectivity of Skytrax ratings, along with the high esteem that they are held in across the world
Old Oct 21, 2016, 4:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: WoH Globalist
Oh and one more thing (related to my CX experience for those who remember my thread.)

After experiencing Y class DXB - ICN and sitting on a middle seat for 8 hours and being annoyed by a passenger who opened his window shade for a few seconds, I'm now in favor for no window blinds opened during red-eye flights to have a better experience with the onboard IFE and better sleep quality.

Originally Posted by avcritic
You planned your birthday based on statements by an aviation blogger!!! That's on you man, don't blame EK. [rant]Particularly this blogger, dozens of posters correct and explain how things work, yet he keeps writing tosh like there is no tomorrow. It takes a world to raise a blogger.[/rant]
Thanks for the tip I will keep that in mind for my future flights.

Oh, I am well aware of the methodologies and objectivity of Skytrax ratings, along with the high esteem that they are held in across the world
Could you enlighten me?
Old Oct 21, 2016, 5:17 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, M&M HON & SPG Plat
Last year I flew EK F on my birthday, I didn't want any celebration or cake... I got invited to the cockpit and a cake to share with my boss.

I didn't mention before boarding it was my birthday and I found out later that my boss (who was flying with me) had arranged it all, I had fun and I am sorry you didn't ace boy, maybe calling up beforehand would've been best?
Old Oct 21, 2016, 5:20 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by aceboy44
Oh and one more thing (related to my CX experience for those who remember my thread.)

After experiencing Y class DXB - ICN and sitting on a middle seat for 8 hours and being annoyed by a passenger who opened his window shade for a few seconds, I'm now in favor for no window blinds opened during red-eye flights to have a better experience with the onboard IFE and better sleep quality.

Thanks for the tip I will keep that in mind for my future flights.

Could you enlighten me?
Window shade on a red-eye flight is irrelevant because by definition it is dark outside.

Re Skytrax: They're the aviation rating equivalent of Trump. Anything for a dollar.

PS: If that last comment puts me in OMNI territory, just remove the offending word
Old Oct 21, 2016, 5:20 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
No need for any of that - the post is a serious piece of reportage to warn frequent flyers like ourselves of the shocking service deficiencies of a "5-star"/"airline of the year" and on top that, to highlight the total failure to offer any service recovery compensation (extremely important) for the oversight of both the musical accompaniment and 8 slices of cake. Truly an astonishing lack of any appreciation for service, not for the airline of the year, but any airline!

It is a public service warning, not a humorous op-ed!
Are you saying the OP was not tongue-in-cheek? Now I don't know who the joker is!? I didn't believe it was possible to condense so much self-deluded narcissism!
Old Oct 21, 2016, 5:21 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by LondonElite
Are you saying the OP was not tongue-in-cheek? Now I don't know who the joker is!?
I think there's so much sarcasm in this thread people are starting to think its real

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.