Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates screwed my birthday party

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates screwed my birthday party

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2016, 11:24 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards Silver
well i would have expected a ********* from one of the FA's at the very least

Feel free to fill in the *'s
Old Oct 20, 2016, 11:25 pm

Programs: EK Gold
My birthday was awesome in J and F.

On my BHX sector I got a bottle of champagne and chocs.

On my PER sector in F, I got cake, they sang happy birthday, they had written happy birthday Rich in icing on the plate, vodka shots (which I didn't drink) another bottle of Dom (even though it wasn't required after drinking about 4 bottles by that stage anyway) and when we got off, the rest of the J crew all stood there saying happy birthday to me too.

Loved it.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 11:42 pm

Jesus...how about spending it with some FRIENDS....

Although reading the post.......
Old Oct 20, 2016, 11:43 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by trooper
Jesus...how about spending it with some FRIENDS....

Although reading the post.......

^
Old Oct 20, 2016, 11:47 pm

Programs: EK Gold
damn i've waited for the return of aceboy for too long FINALLY
Old Oct 20, 2016, 11:53 pm

Originally Posted by euroxx
This made my day! Haven't laughed so much in a while. You are joking, right? Why should an airline be expected to give any special treatment just because it's your birthday?
The OP does not joke about serious matters such as this - see previous posts about other major service lapses from EK and more recently the Four Seasons Seoul!
Old Oct 21, 2016, 12:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by petercek
On a serious note:

1) Because your first flight started the day before your birthday. Even if they had a list of birthdays, you probably would not be on the list.

2) Because it was a short flight.

I was flying on my birthday on EK longhaul but did not get neither a cake neither a greeting and I even didn't care :-) It's sad already to be away on a birthday.
5 minutes before my birthday should not be a big deal, and it's not really my fault that the airline decided to fly 23:55 as opposed to 12 mid-night right? QR and Etihad fly after mid-night, maybe I should have flown with them as opposed to EK? As a loyal EK passenger I expected something special for my birthday, but I assume my expectations were a bit too high to be met (though I have no idea how other passengers managed to get a full-size cake all for themselves )

I don't care too about birthday parties, and I had a great flight back home. I just wanted to have the experience the other passengers had on their birthdays, what it feels like to have a birthday party at 40,000 feet on the world's best airline in J-class. Unfortunately that did not happen
Old Oct 21, 2016, 12:27 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Can't believe I slept through most of this thread. F-ing hilarious
Old Oct 21, 2016, 12:34 am

Programs: OneWorld Emerald/GHA Discovery Black
The staggering level of deluded self-entitled lunacy is beyond hilarious. It must be very strange in your world, aceboy44. Perhaps you should have flown F? I hear the birthday cakes there come with sparklers and a string quartet...
Old Oct 21, 2016, 12:53 am
pdh

Next time speak to your Emirates Party Coordinator, there are many options available for your onboard party experience:

- White tigers
- Champagne fountain
- Slip and slide
- Go go dancers
Old Oct 21, 2016, 12:55 am

I think a person as important as our aceboy44 should only ever fly in the Emirates private A319 jet. Anything else wouldn't be worthy of his presence, let's get real.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 1:01 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
A funny story, though I think you need to brush up on some techniques a bit. Make the irony and juxtaposition more obvious to really have your audience in stitches.

One expression I don't understand is "exclusively fly". How can you fly in more than one aircraft at a time???
Old Oct 21, 2016, 1:09 am

aceboy44, this is clearly a major service failing by Emirates. I don't know how they can think themselves a proper airline when they make such mistakes. Thank you for alerting us but, to get resolution, I strongly urge you to contact customer care for an explanation. A refund of your fare and miles would not be an unreasonable expectation. If you don't pursue this issue then Emirates might ruin someone else's birthday too, and I could not bear to have that on my conscience. A ruined birthday means a whole ruined year.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 1:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by LondonElite
One expression I don't understand is "exclusively fly". How can you fly in more than one aircraft at a time???
I meant I choose the date on my birthday to see what Emirates would offer me on my birthday. I did not enjoy my trip to Seoul and wanted to get home earlier but was curious if Emirates would do something special like how other passengers had a full-cake all for themselves.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 1:29 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Acey, why didn't you fly the following day at 23:55? That would have been your birthday! EK generally know people who post on here, so you'd have probably got an upgrade as well.

The EK ambassadors on here (me, m3red and whmike) are always treated very well. I can't remember the last time I didn't get upgraded to F - even though I generally only book Y class. We also get F lounge access and chauffeur drive, and often get invited to EK functions - which are generally fantastic events.

Maybe you should look at trying to become an ambassador of one of the airlines, as this may help with your search for better service? Maybe try the BA forum - as I heard they are looking for an ambassador at the moment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.