Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2016, 5:10 am
Ambassador: Emirates
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
Your Favourite J/F Lounge

Currently in the J/F lounge in GLA.

The new format for the lounges is excellent. Supple leather seats and all of the J favourites. It is amazing that they time lunch on the early flight for 12.15, gives time for a welcome Veuve/G&T.

I also LOVE the J lounge at Concourse A. Far superior to the product at B, beautiful cigar room, great quiet areas for those longer layovers.

What is your favourite EK lounge? J or F welcome. Any particularly good examples of service?

S
Old Aug 23, 2016, 5:53 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Concourse A all the way. Though the Champagne Bar at B is nice, and the C Lounge has Heineken on tap that you can pour yourself which is fun.

The new EK lounge in CPT is nice as it has good tarmac views with the threshold of runway 19.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 6:29 am

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Outside of DXB, JFK and CDG are some of my favorites. Both have nice views and CDG has the updated design.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 6:39 am

Got to vote for MAN

Aside from that, A and B EK F lounges are nice.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 6:51 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite & Lifetime Gold, Heathrow Rewards Premium, Tesco Clubcard
Coming from a BA background, when I saw Concourse A F lounge, I was stunned. It's like a mini terminal inside the terminal. Loved it.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 8:26 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
I like the GLA Lounge too. It has a fresh, open feeling and quite like the apron views. All of the staff in there have been pleasant and helpful.

One member of staff nearly had myself and another traveller (unknown to me) howling with laughter. I was in the toilet (standy up bit) and the other traveller came in to use the same area of the toilet. As we were doing our 'bit', the toilet attendant (older Scottish gentleman) was at the back by the sinks having a chat with a pax who again was an older Scottish gentleman. There conversation was quite easy to hear but it was honestly like a scene from Still Game* listening to them.

The PEK lounge, although recently refurbished, I find quite soul-less. Although it is kitted out/decorated in a similar fashion to GLA, it is on the ground/apron level and has no windows in the main area. The food/dining area is the only place with windows, which is at the far end of the lounge in a separate area (and not very big either).

I tend to go to the lounge in DXB nearest to departure gate, which has mostly been concourse B so have spent most of my transits in the B J lounge (the smoking area at the very end). Have been in the A F Lounge once which was very nice and the A J loung once, which was nice too.

So, GLA is my favourite (if only they had a smoking room). PEK least favourite.

Safe & Happy Travels

S
Old Aug 23, 2016, 10:45 pm

Programs: EK Gold
And I've got to vote for BHX
Old Aug 24, 2016, 12:37 am

Manchester is fine, but remember feeling the need to write in the comments book at Melbourne, that truly was outstanding. Got Man / Dxb / Singapore return next week so will get a few more glasses of bubbles in !
Old Aug 24, 2016, 12:43 am

Got to say MAN - always a sense of relief after the airport 'experience'. Fun seeing the A380 arrive too. CDG, GLA, MEL are perhaps more stylish. Never understood why F Concourse A can't have good showers and private sleeping areas.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 12:46 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Beecharmer
Got to say MAN - always a sense of relief after the airport 'experience'. Fun seeing the A380 arrive too. CDG, GLA, MEL are perhaps more stylish. Never understood why F Concourse A can't have good showers and private sleeping areas.
But the walk past the Jet2 / EasyJet gates is never nice
Old Aug 24, 2016, 1:57 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
But the walk past the Jet2 / EasyJet gates is never nice
Lounge has re-set me by then and I have G12 firmly in my sights
Old Aug 24, 2016, 9:51 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Outside of DXB, CPT is my favourite lounge + it's brand new .....
Old Aug 24, 2016, 11:38 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Food at the various lounges obviously depend on local catering - so, I think the European lounges are better from the food stand point. I've been to the lounges in Paris, Milan, London, JNB in recent times. All very good .........

SFO in May - was okay. JFK last year - felt a bit run down.

DXB lounges - I wish they had a better shower facility. Room for improvement I think....
Old Aug 25, 2016, 12:26 am

Originally Posted by safari_7
Food at the various lounges obviously depend on local catering - so, I think the European lounges are better from the food stand point. I've been to the lounges in Paris, Milan, London, JNB in recent times. All very good .........

SFO in May - was okay. JFK last year - felt a bit run down.

DXB lounges - I wish they had a better shower facility. Room for improvement I think....
The A lounges have great showers with toilet in the shower and some storage and shaving kits, hair dryer, full sink and mirror. The B and C lounges suck as it's just a small room with a shower and nothing else.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 4:48 am

Beside DXB I know the lounges in HAM, SIN, PVG, BOM and ICN.
BOM: too long ago, cannot judge
HAM, SIN, PVG: all fine, better food in HAM
ICN: no own EK Lounge, they use Asiana J lounge (also for F), which is a disgrace
DXB: I actually prefer the F Lounge in concourse B, which is simply great for me. The showers in the A lounges are nice, but nothing special. But is it only me? Everytime I use them, I leave more sweating than before due to the "climate" inside.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.