Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Business Rewards balance showing 0!?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2016, 2:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Gold

Just logged in to the EK website and my business rewards account is showing 0 miles suddenly. The account seems fine otherwise and still shows the travel history and future pending travel.

Anyone else seeing the same? Wondering if this is related to http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emira...g-license.html

I had sent mine in though (well, South African certificat of registration).
Old Aug 21, 2016, 5:34 am

Programs: EK Gold, AB Gold, TK Elite, Le Club Accor Platinum, HH Gold
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Just logged in to the EK website and my business rewards account is showing 0 miles suddenly. The account seems fine otherwise and still shows the travel history and future pending travel.

Anyone else seeing the same? Wondering if this is related to http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emira...g-license.html

I had sent mine in though (well, South African certificat of registration).
I received an email in June saying that I had to use the miles before the 20th August. Then they will be converted in a voucher as the program was changing. Unfortunately I have this email in Spanish so copying it here won't be very helpful for most of the FT people. But I'm sure that some others will have this same email in English. What I don't know is if the voucher will be sent to the company or if it can be downloaded somewhere in the website.

This is the email:

Estimado Sr.

Vamos a lanzar un programa que transformará sus viajes de negocios.

• De millas a puntos: gane puntos Business Rewards en vez de millas.
• Premios más flexibles: use sus puntos para viajar, sin importar el tipo de tarifa, vuelo o clase*.
• Acumulación más rápida de puntos: los puntos se abonarán en dos semanas y no en cuatro, por lo que podrá obtener premios más rápido.
• Mejor gestión de la cuenta: aproveche al máximo su presupuesto de viajes de negocios gracias a unos informes más fáciles.

¿Qué ocurre si aún tengo millas de Business Rewards en mi cuenta?

Debe usar las millas de Business Rewards restantes antes del 20 de agosto de 2016, además de las que siga ganando hasta esa fecha. El 20 de agosto convertiremos las millas restantes en un bono con dinero en efectivo para usar en vuelos y mejoras de clase. Inicie sesión ahora para ver su saldo de millas.

Atentamente,
Paul Starrs, Senior Vice President Global Sales​
Old Aug 21, 2016, 5:45 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
From Google Translate:

"Dear Mr.

We will launch a program that will transform your business .

• De miles to points: earn Business Rewards points instead of miles.
• more flexible Prizes use their points to travel , regardless of the type of fare , flight or class * .
• faster points accumulation : the points are paid in two weeks and not four , so you can get faster awards.
• Better account management : make the most of your budget business easier thanks to reports.

What if I still have Business Rewards miles in my account ?

You must use the remaining Business Rewards miles before August 20, 2016 , in addition to continue winning until that date . On August 20 convert the remaining miles on a cash bond for use in class flights and upgrades . Log in now to see your mileage balance ."
Old Aug 21, 2016, 5:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Gold
Thanks Internaut, that's interesting. I didn't get this e-mail, just the mail asking for the company's trade license mentioned in the other thread linked above. Will wait and see, I'm assuming we will be getting some form of e-mail this week then.
Old Sep 5, 2016, 8:49 pm

Programs: FB Plat4Life, LH Senator, AX Centurion, HH Diamond, IC RA
So I received the Cash Voucher: USD172 for 19558 miles, not very happy about the conversion rate though...
Old Sep 6, 2016, 3:50 am
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
EMAIL: Your cash voucher from Emirates Business Rewards

Dear WLG Base,

Our new Emirates Business Rewards programme is now live. We wrote to you back in June about changes to your Miles balance once we switched to the new programme. As you still had Miles in your account on 18 August, we’ve converted them into an Electronic Miscellaneous Document (EMD).

Your EMD number is xxxx and the value is USD 50.

You can use your voucher to pay for:
• Emirates flights
• part payment towards an Emirates flight
• upgrades to a higher cabin
• date-change fees
• cancellation charges
• excess baggage
• no-show fees

To use your voucher to pay for any of these services, simply call one of our Contact Centres or visit any Emirates ticket office and quote your EMD number.
Old Oct 8, 2016, 6:43 am

Did any Business Rewards members not receive the promised voucher? Perhaps it just went to a junk mail folder, but I can't find it. Like spinning_around, I'm not thrilled about the exchange rate -- but at least I'd like to get what they're providing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.