Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

WOW! EK Downgrades LAX-DXB Out of the Gate!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WOW! EK Downgrades LAX-DXB Out of the Gate!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2016, 3:44 am

Originally Posted by ayeaway
Now $25K in BKK will get you a REALLY good time in a bar and lots and lots of showers.
Not all of them will be water showers
Old Jul 14, 2016, 3:50 am

Originally Posted by eternaltransit
Not all of them will be water showers
TMI!!
Old Jul 14, 2016, 3:54 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Los_Pepes
What an obnoxious statement. People who really have the money to pay F class internationally out of their own pocket, don't hang around travel boards complaining. If you are so rich and important go charter a jet (or better yet buy one) so you can really feel superior.
Yes they do!
Old Jul 14, 2016, 4:52 am

Normally I would be all over the OP for being a twerk but on this one (sigh) I am on his/her side.

They want to pay $25K for a shower. If he cant have said $25K shower then they have every right to spend their money elsewhere.

Fair enough its not a downgrade but its a long flight and has been stated earlier people book the A380 for the shower and a wonder up to the bar to break the time up. Although why the bar is important now that they are booked on Saudi is interesting, maybe just to stretch the legs and have a chat.

Once again guys its all about them wanting to pay $25K for a shower. If EK could provide it they gets the $25K.

Now $25K in BKK will get you a REALLY good time in a bar and lots and lots of showers.
But OPs argument is bait and switch and EK behind deceptive which isn't the case then EK is informing him several months in advance and seems to have more rebooked him (surely for free) to an earlier A380 flight so he can stroke his "ego" in the shower.

It's an annoyance but it's not sufficient to warrant OPs behaviour
Old Jul 14, 2016, 5:05 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Shades of an infamous, near-legendary, fondly-remembered EK thread.

(Anyone else - other than eternal, I see - mentally substituting Wot no hand lotion for Wot no shower .....?)
Old Jul 14, 2016, 5:14 am

For clarity, I don't think it's unreasonable to be annoyed by an equipment change.

It is, however, amusing to see a reaction that can be summarised as "No shower on a flight! The sky is falling! I spent a gazillion dollars of my own money on these tickets! The others are not agreeing with me because I'm paying cash and they are not! Why didn't EK call me to ask for my permission to change the equipment! It's bait and switch! etc etc"
Old Jul 14, 2016, 5:14 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Just close the suite doors and use the hot towel for a quick armpits and down below. Job done.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 5:39 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 8:45 am

Programs: Emirates Platinum
I'd take 777 over A380 everyday.

-Higher and more private suites.
-Less chance of getting too drunk at the bar and sleeping through the flight.
-More focussed service to a smaller cabin.

Its a much more intimate and luxurious flight.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by EKXXX

The new a380s have the higher and more private suites.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 8:58 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
I wish I could afford to fly EK F but I can't. I will not, however make fun of those who can out of envy. This is a discussion about both getting what you paid for and getting what was advertised by the airline. Same is true of anything. If I could afford to fly privately and booked a G550 and the charter operator showed up with a Citation Mustang I'd be rightly pissed off, although many of you would probably say "stop whining, you're flying privately".
Old Jul 14, 2016, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by NYTA
I wish I could afford to fly EK F but I can't. I will not, however make fun of those who can out of envy. This is a discussion about both getting what you paid for and getting what was advertised by the airline. Same is true of anything. If I could afford to fly privately and booked a G550 and the charter operator showed up with a Citation Mustang I'd be rightly pissed off, although many of you would probably say "stop whining, you're flying privately".
Yes but EK isn't "showing up" with a 777 instead of an A380. They are advising the passenger months ahead of time. Also the OP did not "charter" an A380, but paid for transport from LAX to JED. If EK wanted they could in fact reroute via other cities for operational reasons if required, and not fly via DXB at all. The aircraft type is not a part of the ticket, otherwise soon we'll see differential pricing based on aircraft type where an A380 flight costs 10% more than a 777 because of skewed demand by misinformed bigwigs.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 10:30 am

Programs: skywards gold
would Jennifer Aniston have flown on he 777 lol
Old Jul 14, 2016, 10:38 am

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by LondonElite
Maybe you don't travel much, but you should be aware that all airlines make aircraft swaps from time to time for a variety of reasons. A bigger toilet, a shower, and a bar are not part of the class of service definition and won't get you any compensation no matter how many toys you throw out of your pram.
^. If OP has paid full fare for his tkt, what's the problem? Just switch flights. EK just did this to me, although it wasn't from a 380 but in my case, and IMO, worse. They downgraded a flight I had booked in F on a 77W to a 2 cabin 773. Was I mad, sure, was it a big deal? No. I just had them switch me to a flight later that day that was still a 3 cabin 77W. If it's someone that booked a year in advance using miles I could see the disappointment but certainly not if you paid for your tickets (which I believe OP made a point of sharing) then you have LOTS of options including the other flight or other airlines.

Show me ANY AIRLINE operating that guarantees a specific type of aircraft? Am I being an EK apologist?? That depends, I don't think they have anything to apologize for in this day and age of plenty of other choices
Old Jul 14, 2016, 10:41 am

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by EKXXX

Isn't sleeping thru the flight the whole point

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.