Wiki Posts
Search

reward flight question

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2016, 8:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Gold
reward flight question

I never use Skywards points for rewards but I need to go to SIN again this month and fancy using some of mine for a round trip.

Can you amend the reward if a class becomes available?

For example I can get First out but only business flex back where the points difference to F is minimal. If availabilty is there at check in is it possible to upgrade this ticket for the small difference in points rather than rinsing me of another 39k to go from J to F?

Also can you pay one leg in cash and one leg as a reward?
Old May 31, 2016, 10:12 am

Programs: Skywards
Originally Posted by m3red
I never use Skywards points for rewards but I need to go to SIN again this month and fancy using some of mine for a round trip.

Can you amend the reward if a class becomes available?
AFAIK they can not only collect the difference. You have to cancel the reward and buy the new one. I guess cancellation fee for Saver is 50$ and you have to wait for the tax refund.

Also can you pay one leg in cash and one leg as a reward?
you can just buy a one way with cash and a one way with miles (or do I miss something?)
Old May 31, 2016, 11:07 am
Original Poster

The business flex plus reward says no charge to change and 39k points to upgrade - surely that means I can cancel the ticket and reissue it as an first one if space is available?
Old May 31, 2016, 11:23 am

Pretty sure they'd let you cancel and re-issue in a higher cabin regardless of what type of reward it is. They waive change fee for cash tickets after all. And when one has a two-leg trip and upgrades only the first leg and later can upgrade the 2nd as well they allow you to cancel and reissue as a new single upgrade instead of paying the full price for two individual upgrades.
Old May 31, 2016, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Pretty sure they'd let you cancel and re-issue in a higher cabin regardless of what type of reward it is. They waive change fee for cash tickets after all. And when one has a two-leg trip and upgrades only the first leg and later can upgrade the 2nd as well they allow you to cancel and reissue as a new single upgrade instead of paying the full price for two individual upgrades.
Basically can get first out flex plus j back 150k miles plus 3000 aed. The difference to get f on the way back is about 8k miles but no availability at the moment.

Better than 15k aed plus 78k miles for j upgrading to f.
Old May 31, 2016, 1:04 pm

Programs: Skywards
The business flex plus reward says no charge to change and 39k points to upgrade - surely that means I can cancel the ticket and reissue it as an first one if space is available?
you can request Z class 72h bef departure (except F is full) as Plat
Old May 31, 2016, 8:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kuroko
you can request Z class 72h bef departure (except F is full) as Plat
Not had too much luck with that recently!

Will book the seats now and see what happens. Issue is the wife is flying for work so I need to reward seats on ek355 - and that is a busy flight in f

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.