Wiki Posts
Search

So I flew Qantas

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2016, 12:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: A-Club Platinum, Emirates Platinum, Aegean Gold
So I flew Qantas

Had a trip back to LHR on this week and could not get Business on any EK flight I wanted (Thursday PM or Friday early AM), decided to give QF a try on QF1, here are my impressions.

As a EK Platinum, It was the F lounge as normal for me in DXB, but I was really surprised at the amount of QF Plat waiting to board at the gate, there were at least 30 of these guys, is it easier to get QF platinum over EK?

Of course QF1 is a A380 and it is starting to show its age now, there were broken seats in the J cabin and rather annoyingly there was cabin light that was in the process of breaking down and flashing every few seconds causing a strobe effect, spoke to the purser nothing he could do apart from report it later.

The Seat - QF use a lie flat pod seat, lucky i was in an aisle seat so need to climb over anyone to get to the lav, the layout is 2-2-2 n the cabin. not a bad seat, a little wider than EK A380 but lack the privacy and storage space.

Food - Breakfast was good, better than EK in this respect, very tasty scrambled egg, toast, baked beans and beef sausage.

Overall impression...although it was OK, it was not a patch on EK, I felt the service let QF down a little and the aircraft is showing signs of wear and tear. If i was to give it a score I would say 7/10, not the worlds worst, but certainly not a patch on the airlines from the ME. Would I fly QF again? Well if I was pushed I would, but my first choice on the LHR route would be EK.

As an aside, if there had be a camera in the cabin they would be laughing for days watching the footage of me trying to figure out the seat and where everything is, took me an hour to find out where to plug in my phone and another 10 minutes to realize that a 3 pin plug wasnt going to fit in the socket!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.