Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Queues at DXB immigration at 6am?

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2016, 2:20 pm
Original Poster

Queues at DXB immigration at 6am?

Hi all, will be arriving at DXB on 02 June at 6am. Any information on what to expect regarding queues at passport control? Thanks!
Old May 20, 2016, 1:05 am

It varies, but 6am tends to be very busy with waiting time sometimes exceeding 45 min if you are unlucky.
Old May 20, 2016, 1:27 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by hansie123
Hi all, will be arriving at DXB on 02 June at 6am. Any information on what to expect regarding queues at passport control? Thanks!
If you want to beat the queues, book the Marhaba service.

ETA - Sorry, I think you're departing rather than arriving, so ignore the above
Old May 20, 2016, 5:47 am
Original Poster

Yes, we are flying to DXB from DUS on Y class.
I still have 2 fast track passes left over from our travel days in F but I guess Marhaba Service is the safer bet on clearing Immigration quickly.
Thanks.
Old May 21, 2016, 11:29 pm

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Yes, we are flying to DXB from DUS on Y class.
I still have 2 fast track passes left over from our travel days in F but I guess Marhaba Service is the safer bet on clearing Immigration quickly.
Thanks.
Ahlan is better then Marhaba for arrival service. Especially if you check luggage. I don't use any service when flying EK as its not needed but I fly LH quite often as well. I've always used Marhaba when arriving on LH (since my IO status counts for nothing when flying LH F and they pay for Marhaba if flying F). However, flew into DXB a few days ago on LH and on a whim booked Ahlan to try it.....was very impressed by the arrival lounge where you wait while they retrieve your luggage, and since Ahlan is owned by Dubai Airports they have a private immigration (as opposed to Marhaba which uses the very fast VIP line) but that can still get a little backed up. Gotta say. Was very impressed w Ahlan (similar to the Al Maha service in Doha)
Old May 22, 2016, 12:41 am

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
Ahlan is better then Marhaba for arrival service. Especially if you check luggage. I don't use any service when flying EK as its not needed but I fly LH quite often as well. I've always used Marhaba when arriving on LH (since my IO status counts for nothing when flying LH F and they pay for Marhaba if flying F). However, flew into DXB a few days ago on LH and on a whim booked Ahlan to try it.....was very impressed by the arrival lounge where you wait while they retrieve your luggage, and since Ahlan is owned by Dubai Airports they have a private immigration (as opposed to Marhaba which uses the very fast VIP line) but that can still get a little backed up. Gotta say. Was very impressed w Ahlan (similar to the Al Maha service in Doha)
Good to know! ^

Is there a shower at the Ahlan arrival lounge? A lot of people keep asking about such a facility at DXB.
Old May 22, 2016, 2:01 am

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by extramileage
Good to know! ^

Is there a shower at the Ahlan arrival lounge? A lot of people keep asking about such a facility at DXB.
Good question, I didn't ask as I was going right home so did not need one at the airport. It had a smoking room which made me happy (although most people don't care about that) I was shocked how fast they got my luggage, I had just sat down and my coffee was just delivered when the agent was back saying they had my 2 bags. then it was thru the private immigration and out to the car. Landed at 10:25 and in the car at 10:45 which includes checked bags. ^^

You can contact them thru their web page and ask
Old May 22, 2016, 2:02 am

Programs: QR Gold/CX Silver/EK Silver/EY Gold/Spire Royal Ambassador/Hilton Diamond
Just dropped someone to the airport 2 days ago and there were hardly any people so i dont think you will experience any lines.
Old May 22, 2016, 2:18 am

Originally Posted by gametitans
Just dropped someone to the airport 2 days ago and there were hardly any people so i dont think you will experience any lines.
He's arriving at DXB - itinerary is DUS-DXB. At 0600 there will be some queues, but I would say 30 minutes maximum, especially if you have some F fast track cards.

Honestly, OP, unless you despise waiting in queues for whatever reason, I don't think there is any need to book anything. Especially if you have baggage - which will likely take longer than your immigration queue anyway.
Old May 22, 2016, 11:06 pm
Original Poster

The fast track cards are probably 3 years old so no clue if they are still valid for use.

We are travelling on to Al Maha (1 hour drive) - so I want to be out of the airport as fast as I can. A potential wait of 30 min is painful. We are seated at the very back of the plane so bussing on the tarmac will have us at the rear of any queue. As an indian passport holder I have experienced further time consuming additions (eye scan at a separate station).

Have used Marhaba Bronze for the last two years and am very satisfied with their arrival service. To be honest though I only need their help to get through passport control. However, I will look at Ahlan; sounds good!

On an aside, I have also used the Marhaba services for afternoon departures from DXB in June. In my opinion this is wholly unnecessary as passport control for DXB departure was virtually empty at 13:00 and the airside "lounge" is truly substandard. Much better ways to spend approx 70 EUR p.p.
Old May 23, 2016, 12:15 am

The fast track cards are probably 3 years old so no clue if they are still valid for use.
They changed probably about two years ago. If they are predominately red, then they're the current ones. If gold/brown coloured then they're the old ones.
Old May 23, 2016, 1:55 am
Original Poster

Just checked...grrr....gold coloured.
Old May 24, 2016, 7:01 am

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Message from Ahlan. Negative on the showers.

Greetings from Ahlan Services!

We regret to inform you that shower facilities are not available at arrival area. Thank you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.