Wiki Posts
Search

Pets on EK (cargo)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2016, 3:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Pets on EK (cargo)

Has anyone had any experience traveling to Dubai with their pet in the cargo hold on EK?

I know EK carries all sorts of exotic and ordinary animals, but any direct experiences transporting a (small) dog or cat with EK would be appreciated.

Very familiar with the entry/exit procedures (docs, etc) so that's fine.

I'm doing some research for my in laws who are already traumatized just thinking about it.

Thanks!
Old Feb 10, 2016, 7:28 am

Programs: Asiana Club, Mileage Plan, Skywards, Flying Blue, HHonors
What do you need to know?

EK transports all sorts of pets and animals (AVI). I don't have experience of AVI terminating their journey at DXB but have experience of AVI travelling via DXB en route to somewhere else on EK.

EK has strict procedures for transport of AVI and in my opinion I think would be a good choice of operator.

But they don't transport all types of AVI. What AVI are you transporting.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 11:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by groundops
What do you need to know?

But they don't transport all types of AVI. What AVI are you transporting.
Just want to gather some customer experiences. In-laws are nervous about having their small dog in the hold.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 2:30 pm

Programs: Asiana Club, Mileage Plan, Skywards, Flying Blue, HHonors
In my opinion EK SkyCargo will do its best to look after your parent's pet. I sometimes think EK looks after AVI better than live human pax!

Temperature will be controlled, water provided etc. In fact all sorts of emails will be exchanged to ensure "your pet" has the best traval experience possible. Pets travel similar to IOs (just no alcohol, cage confined and limited catering)!

Just hope your pet is not subject to an EC261 claim! Then the claim may be deprioritised! Not sure how EK deals with K9 EC261 claims. But I am sure EK will look after the pet well in meantime.

But I would generally recommend EK. If you transport your pet on EK you can rest assured you have chosen among the best and EK SkyCargo will treat the pet like an IO.

Your parents should relax on this fact...

Last edited by groundops; Feb 10, 2016 at 2:58 pm
Old Feb 11, 2016, 1:22 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the info groundops!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.