Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Undated Boarding Pass - Booking Restrictions?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2015, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: all, none, somewhere in between

Hey all-

A friend of mine received an undated, complimentary, 'boarding pass' (her description) for a specific departure and arrival location. (I believe as compensation for a highly delayed previous flight on the route, though I'm not certain).

They told her on the phone that she could use it to book the flight in an Emirates office.

Is anyone familiar with these things? Do you know what the booking restrictions are? Unfortunately, my travel plans depend on her, and she can't visit the office for a week or so.

Thanks!
Old Nov 23, 2015, 5:32 pm

Sounds like a compensation ticket. Book via the call center (or ticket office) and it is good for travel, with full benefits if in J/F.

It is similar to a normal revenue ticket but may have availability restrictions (but not overly so). Will not earn tier points and skywards miles - but sometimes it falls through the net and gets credited. It is though only valid for 12 months from date of issue and you have to wait a week to use it.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 10:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by eternaltransit
Sounds like a compensation ticket. Book via the call center (or ticket office) and it is good for travel, with full benefits if in J/F.

It is similar to a normal revenue ticket but may have availability restrictions (but not overly so). Will not earn tier points and skywards miles - but sometimes it falls through the net and gets credited. It is though only valid for 12 months from date of issue and you have to wait a week to use it.
That sounds exactly right. So it's only valid if there's flight availability in J/F? I'm most interested in what flight options will be open to it.

Thanks!
Old Nov 23, 2015, 11:38 pm

Programs: Skywards
Originally Posted by jmj8778
That sounds exactly right. So it's only valid if there's flight availability in J/F? I'm most interested in what flight options will be open to it.

Thanks!
it is in booking class F/J/W so should work on most routes anytime. the ticket has to been booked within 12 months (for example got the compensation voucher on 01NOV15 book the ticket till 01NOV16 however travel date can be FEB17-MAR17)

also rerouting are free of charge (even without additional taxes etc) but the routing is limited, it depends on the original routing of the voucher

in my experience calling will be hard as most of the call center agent has no idea what it is if possible, walk into an office will safe some time (and nerves)

edit: and it's called denied boarding compensation (mostly for downgrading at the gate or overbooking)
Old Nov 24, 2015, 12:01 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
We were offered it last week at DEL on the way back to the UK. On paid J but J was massively overbooked and they offered both of us a return ticket from DEL to DXB in J valid for a year.

We didn't take up theoffer though.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 12:13 am

Deleted. Double post.

Last edited by ukdoctor; Nov 24, 2015 at 2:59 am
Old Nov 24, 2015, 1:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
So that's twice in one week you've rejected their offers ukdoctor !

Doubt they will be making any more gestures in the future .........
Old Nov 24, 2015, 3:00 am

Originally Posted by subject2load
So that's twice in one week you've rejected their offers ukdoctor !

Doubt they will be making any more gestures in the future .........
LoL. Actually it was on the Friday the 13th. So it was 11 days ago.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 6:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kuroko
it is in booking class F/J/W so should work on most routes anytime. the ticket has to been booked within 12 months (for example got the compensation voucher on 01NOV15 book the ticket till 01NOV16 however travel date can be FEB17-MAR17)

also rerouting are free of charge (even without additional taxes etc) but the routing is limited, it depends on the original routing of the voucher

in my experience calling will be hard as most of the call center agent has no idea what it is if possible, walk into an office will safe some time (and nerves)

edit: and it's called denied boarding compensation (mostly for downgrading at the gate or overbooking)
Thanks so much for such complete and helpful info!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.