Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

New business product for next 777 deliveries

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New business product for next 777 deliveries

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2015, 8:42 pm

Programs: QF(Platinum) VA(Platinum) EY(Platinum) NZ(Gold) AZ(Platinum) SPG(Gold)
Originally Posted by stanontour
Emirates is upgrading its in-flight entertainment (IFE) system to include larger screens and three times the media storage capacity.

The new product is installed on the Gulf airline's newly-delivered B777-300ER and A380 aircraft.

First class IFE screens will increase in size by 40 per cent, from 27 to 32 inches, while those in economy will be "the industry's largest in-seat screens" at 13.3 inches. Business class screens will remain 23 inches wide.

full article here
http://www.businesstraveller.com/new...-entertainment
Emirates clearly not giving up its top spot for IFE, thankfully. There is only one improvement I can suggest, which is to beef up closed caption support (which is still better than a lot of other airlines) for us hard of hearing. Lots of great content on my last couple of EK First flights, felt like pulling a Jennifer Aniston (can we just fly around a bit more lol).
Old Nov 20, 2015, 1:17 am

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, Bonvoy LT Titanium, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
I wandered how they were going to increase the screens any more in first class.
I have flown a couple of the new aircraft, and thought the screens looked pretty big. But with no tape measure did not realise these were the new 32 inch screens referred to in business traveller!!
Old Nov 20, 2015, 5:48 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by stanontour
I wandered how they were going to increase the screens any more in first class.
I have flown a couple of the new aircraft, and thought the screens looked pretty big. But with no tape measure did not realise these were the new 32 inch screens referred to in business traveller!!
There are only a couple of new planes with it lucky you!
Old Nov 20, 2015, 6:40 am

Programs: Skywards silver
Any ideas when that are going to release pictures or more details of their new bedroom concept for first class??
Old Nov 20, 2015, 4:10 pm

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
Originally Posted by Bouncingsouls
Any ideas when that are going to release pictures or more details of their new bedroom concept for first class??
+1
I was quite disappointed that it was not at Dubai Air Show.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.