Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Ultimate Airport Dubai – Series 3

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ultimate Airport Dubai – Series 3

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2015, 5:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Pleb
For info:

The stories so far:-

3.1. Shutdown of DXB air space for 2 hours because of an unidentified ariel vehicle (drone) + 2 highly intoxicated Px in transit at DXB + New Terminal D project.

3.2. 70 plus Px stranded for 36 hours in DXB because their destination airport had been closed because of terrorist activity + Male Px stopped by customs with 1Kg of cocaine in bag + Problem with Airbus 320 ram jet intake + New terminal D project.

3.3. Px has heart attack just as plane is departing from the gate at DXB + Female Px stopped by customs with estimated 1 million US$ worth of uncut diamonds concealed inside her body + New Terminal D project – problems installing 2 new escalators + Px from HKG to DXB caught stealing from overhead bins.

3.4. Px has heart attack just as plane is departing from the gate at DXB (? repeat of 3.3. incident ?) + Training fire fighters at DXB + Engineering maintenance vibration testing 777-200 engine + New Terminal D safety inspection.

3.5. Ops Control have to deal with medical emergency on flight from PVG to DXB, flight diverted to KHI & then DXB ground staff have to deal with the delayed arrival (Mel missing ) + More fire fighters training at DXB + Big water leak in new Terminal D during rain storm + Engineering dealing with the after effect of a lighting strike on an aircraft.
Old Nov 6, 2015, 6:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Pleb
I sincerely hope that the Pxs who suffered medical emergencies in episodes 3, 4 & 5 had good travel insurance. If not they (or their next of kin) may be in for a terrible shock.

Think I’m joking – take a look at Emirates T&C of carriage:

7.6 Passenger reimbursement of medical expenses

If you are taken ill aboard the aircraft due to a condition pre-existing the flight (regardless of whether or not you were aware of it) or due to your pregnancy, you will pay to us the cost of expenses paid by us in treating you aboard an aircraft, transporting you on the ground, or paying for treatment provided by a third party. You will also pay any costs we have incurred in diverting an aircraft to seek medical assistance if you have contravened Articles 7.3, or 7.4 or 7.5.
Old Nov 6, 2015, 3:55 pm

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
Originally Posted by Oldtiger
I sincerely hope that the Pxs who suffered medical emergencies in episodes 3, 4 & 5 had good travel insurance. If not they (or their next of kin) may be in for a terrible shock.

Think I’m joking – take a look at Emirates T&C of carriage:

7.6 Passenger reimbursement of medical expenses

If you are taken ill aboard the aircraft due to a condition pre-existing the flight (regardless of whether or not you were aware of it) or due to your pregnancy, you will pay to us the cost of expenses paid by us in treating you aboard an aircraft, transporting you on the ground, or paying for treatment provided by a third party. You will also pay any costs we have incurred in diverting an aircraft to seek medical assistance if you have contravened Articles 7.3, or 7.4 or 7.5.
I wasn't aware of this clause, but this is typically a precaution from the airline.
I don't remember a sick person being asked to reimburse a diversion cost, unless a risk was knowingly taken (like this pregnant Chinese lady who lied about his pregnancy to give birth in the US).

Now, I wouldn't be surprised having to pay for the EMS cost. Out of curiosity, I would be interested by knowing what is the cost range (of course, it depends on what was consumed). Is any intervention charged, or is it included in DXB running costs ?
Old Nov 8, 2015, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by Oldtiger
For info:

The stories so far:-

3.1. Shutdown of DXB air space for 2 hours because of an unidentified ariel vehicle (drone) + 2 highly intoxicated Px in transit at DXB + New Terminal D project.

3.2. 70 plus Px stranded for 36 hours in DXB because their destination airport had been closed because of terrorist activity + Male Px stopped by customs with 1Kg of cocaine in bag + Problem with Airbus 320 ram jet intake + New terminal D project.

3.3. Px has heart attack just as plane is departing from the gate at DXB + Female Px stopped by customs with estimated 1 million US$ worth of uncut diamonds concealed inside her body + New Terminal D project – problems installing 2 new escalators + Px from HKG to DXB caught stealing from overhead bins.

3.4. Px has heart attack just as plane is departing from the gate at DXB (? repeat of 3.3. incident ?) + Training fire fighters at DXB + Engineering maintenance vibration testing 777-200 engine + New Terminal D safety inspection.

3.5. Ops Control have to deal with medical emergency on flight from PVG to DXB, flight diverted to KHI & then DXB ground staff have to deal with the delayed arrival (Mel missing ) + More fire fighters training at DXB + Big water leak in new Terminal D during rain storm + Engineering dealing with the after effect of a lighting strike on an aircraft.
Correction in 3.5:

They diverted to HYD, not KHI.
KHI is Karachi, Pakistan.
HYD is Hyderabad, India.
Old Nov 15, 2015, 4:56 am

Still an interesting series.
Old Nov 15, 2015, 8:59 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
3.6: baggage problems as Chinese PAX are faced with $1300 excess baggage fees during transfer, some more fire fighting training, test of the new high security gates and engineers loose a few bolts while fixing a GE90 engine.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 3:54 pm

Anyone knows why they discontinued Arti Mehra's storyline? She's GREAT, I do think she should be back.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 9:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA GM, AA GM, DL GM
Originally Posted by scented
Anyone knows why they discontinued Arti Mehra's storyline? She's GREAT, I do think she should be back.
From the series 2 thread:
Originally Posted by Ksmax
I saw Arti Mehra at check in last month, i think she has been promoted - she was wearing a dark brown uniform similar to a purser .....
Perhaps she's in a position that would be less interesting to viewers?
Old Nov 18, 2015, 10:03 pm
Suspended

From S3E6, supposedly filmed during a high-security trial at the new D concourse at DXB:

Which airport are they really at?
Old Nov 19, 2015, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by UA1K_no_more
From S3E6, supposedly filmed during a high-security trial at the new D concourse at DXB:

Which airport are they really at?
I noticed this too!
Was quite confused as to why DWC was being shown at Concourse D.

Thought it was an advertisement type thing so didn't say about it.
Can anyone say for sure that it was DWC though?

Aside from this, usually one day after the air date in Australia, the episode shows up online and/or on torrents. Now there's no sign of Episode 7, even though it aired yesterday (18th Nov).
Old Nov 19, 2015, 6:22 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by murtaza12
I noticed this too!
Was quite confused as to why DWC was being shown at Concourse D.

Thought it was an advertisement type thing so didn't say about it.
Can anyone say for sure that it was DWC though?
It was probably just some random text they used to test the monitors.
The sequence showed the construction project manager (name?) walking around the gate area at concourse D right before the text on the monitor was shown, so I'm confident that it was filmed at concourse D and the text was just some random text they put in. Still funny, though.
In season 2, an airplane "magically" moved between concourse B and C during maintenance (see the season 2 thread), so anything can happen...

Since concourse D is delayed, will the guy be around for season 4?
Old Nov 21, 2015, 9:08 am

E7: I was dissappointed when the ground staff gave in to PAX demanding an upgrade to first class because they were delayed 6 hours. They didn't get the upgrade to F but got offered JCL lounge access to shut them up. That kind of behviour shouldn't be rewarded IMHO.
Old Nov 21, 2015, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
E7: I was dissappointed when the ground staff gave in to PAX demanding an upgrade to first class because they were delayed 6 hours. They didn't get the upgrade to F but got offered JCL lounge access to shut them up. That kind of behviour shouldn't be rewarded IMHO.
May I ask where you watched Episode 7?
Old Nov 21, 2015, 11:22 am

It's aired in the Netherlands every Thursday on National Geographic.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 9:37 am

Usually after the air date in AU, the episodes show up online.
There's no sign of E07 and E08.
Anyone in Australia seen them already?

There is no Nat Geo in Pakistan and even if there was, Ultimate Airport S3 would air way later than AU and other countries.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.