Wiki Posts
Search

Flight Changes and Extra Taxes

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2015, 12:09 am
Original Poster

Flight Changes and Extra Taxes

Hi All,

Need some advice again. I have a Y Flex tkt booked under farebasis UEEESTH1 for routing BKK-BNE (via SYD) - SYD - BKK. Fare rules are changes of THB2000 which is fine. My first question, is that per change, or per segment changed? Thinking of changing both the outbound and inbound while U class inventory is still available.

My second question, I priced the changed on MMB on EK website and its throwing up additional taxes of THB580... any idea what they could be? I can't get the breakdown of the additional taxes. I assume is YQ or YR.

Thanks
Justin/BKK
Old Aug 27, 2015, 1:22 am

2000 THB per change event, so you can make multiple changes in one go and that would count as one change (as gets re-ticketed all at once).

Have you got the two letter tax/surcharge code - can then look it up for you.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 1:37 am

Programs: Skywards
WY tax (passenger service charge) increased approx 25AUD, I assume it is this.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 1:41 am
Original Poster

Per event, even better, might change both ways then and enjoy my time between jobs at home longer - thanks Eternaltransit

Bloody Australians (I am one, so I can say that...) and increasing their taxes, AUD25 is THB600 ish, so that makes sense, Kuroko.

Thanks both!
Old Aug 27, 2015, 3:06 am
Original Poster

Sorry guys for the spam. Just had another thought. I recall somewhere that if you make your changes in MMB, it will automatically change into the LOWEST available RBD not into the same RBD as booked, is that correct?

If so, I guess I'll make the changes via the CC.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 4:03 am

I'll use this thread for my question. I have a VCE-DXB-SYD-AYQ ticket in Y flex. The DXB-SYD is EK418 with technical stopover in BKK. I'm worried for my SYD-AYQ connection (1h45) in SYD. I noticed there is a direct DXB-SYD flight which lands earlier than mine.
Is it possible to change this leg? I booked with the TA.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 4:20 am

Originally Posted by jbflyboy84
Sorry guys for the spam. Just had another thought. I recall somewhere that if you make your changes in MMB, it will automatically change into the LOWEST available RBD not into the same RBD as booked, is that correct?

If so, I guess I'll make the changes via the CC.
You can't ever get a refund moving to a lower priced RBD so the question I think is moot The website breaks down the changes into fare differences, taxes and change fee so if there is no difference in fare you know you are in the same fate bucket.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 4:22 am

Originally Posted by petercek
I'll use this thread for my question. I have a VCE-DXB-SYD-AYQ ticket in Y flex. The DXB-SYD is EK418 with technical stopover in BKK. I'm worried for my SYD-AYQ connection (1h45) in SYD. I noticed there is a direct DXB-SYD flight which lands earlier than mine.
Yes but it is of course subject to availability in the flex fare bucket you have on the new flight numbers (there are many) and change fees, as well as TA fees.

If you haven't flown the outbound yet you must contact your travel agent to make the changes.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 4:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by petercek
1h45 is more than enough in my opinion, but then if its an unfamiliar airport for you, maybe not.

Does the direct flight connect on both ends?

Since you booked via TA, you'll have to change it via them unless you've already flown part of the ticket.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 4:34 am

I have 9h connection in DXB. I'll ask for a change when I land from VCE. The direct flight leaves 1hour later than my original flight (this 2nd leg) so from this point of view should be ok. I posted a question about the minimum (and feasible) connection time on another thread and they scared me out... That's why I look for the second opinion and try to find a solution. SYD-AYQ is flying only once per day...
Old Aug 27, 2015, 6:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by eternaltransit
You can't ever get a refund moving to a lower priced RBD so the question I think is moot The website breaks down the changes into fare differences, taxes and change fee so if there is no difference in fare you know you are in the same fate bucket.
Oh, oh know that, I just remember reading here sometime ago, that when someone made a change to a flight where a lower RBD was available, he was automatically rebooked into that which had lower mileage earning and different change rules.

I have booked a more expensive for as I needed the miles, but am worried that using MMB will rebook me into the lowest available fare (which in my case I know there is a cheaper Saver fare available).
Old Aug 27, 2015, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by jbflyboy84
Oh, oh know that, I just remember reading here sometime ago, that when someone made a change to a flight where a lower RBD was available, he was automatically rebooked into that which had lower mileage earning and different change rules.

I have booked a more expensive for as I needed the miles, but am worried that using MMB will rebook me into the lowest available fare (which in my case I know there is a cheaper Saver fare available).
Yes, got to watch out for that - however I find it only becomes an issue when upgrading from one cabin to another (e.g. Y Flex automatically into a J saver etc.)
Old Aug 27, 2015, 7:06 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by eternaltransit
Yes, got to watch out for that - however I find it only becomes an issue when upgrading from one cabin to another (e.g. Y Flex automatically into a J saver etc.)
Its best to call.

I've done this and be burnt a few times.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 8:29 pm
Original Poster

Thanks to both of you, on the blower it is!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.