Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Practical benefits of EK Silver

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2015, 2:57 am

Originally Posted by jbflyboy84
I'm not sure if others feel the same, but I would quite intrigued to know the EK flying that you do in order to gain/maintain Plat. I achieved Gold last year and have just renewed again and all that flying was in Y on average at least once per month on varying stage lengths.
I'll bite: at least 40 medium-haul (6-7) hour sectors in Y Flex/Flex Plus , with some long/ULH Y sprinkled in. And some J/F around there too...
Old Aug 24, 2015, 4:14 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by subject2load
On the other hand, perhaps a list might be too much information for some.

I suspect most of us already have a more-than-adequate picture based on previous posts ......
yes check the last 12 months meet up threads!

Not there yet though few more trips first.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 4:48 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by m3red
yes check the last 12 months meet up threads!

Not there yet though few more trips first.
Well keep it going m3red .....who knows I may need one of those meet-ups/invites myself one day !

(no actual EK travel of my own since March. But not because I'm in any way disenchanted with them ; simply because I've been going to distant places where no EK planes have ever been .....)
Old Aug 24, 2015, 5:11 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by subject2load
Well keep it going m3red .....who knows I may need one of those meet-ups/invites myself one day !

(no actual EK travel of my own since March. But not because I'm in any way disenchanted with them ; simply because I've been going to distant places where no EK planes have ever been .....)
its easier to use them when you have no choice!
Old Aug 25, 2015, 5:28 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum
spare a thought for the people who get Plat with ONLY Y flying
'waves'
Old Sep 15, 2015, 11:55 am

Programs: Starwood PLATINUM, BA GOLD, KrisFlyer Blue, GFF Silver, BATS After Work Club, Emirates Silver
It looks like I'll be at 24,900 tier points for the year, so will miss out on silver by 100 points. Is there an easy way of getting 100 points, could I beg for it, is silver worth it?
As I'm based in Asia, there don't seem to be any short EK flights in the region.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by john11111111111
It looks like I'll be at 24,900 tier points for the year, so will miss out on silver by 100 points. Is there an easy way of getting 100 points, could I beg for it, is silver worth it?
As I'm based in Asia, there don't seem to be any short EK flights in the region.
Asia has one of the shortest and most convenient EK flights in the entire network: BKK-HKG
Old Sep 15, 2015, 5:33 pm

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
If you write to them, they might just give you status. Several posts here indicate that the system automatically upgrades you if you are a few miles short/ write to them. A member has reported being upgraded to silver when 250 miles short.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emira...rt-gold-2.html
Old Sep 15, 2015, 9:05 pm

Programs: IHG Ambassador, Air NZ lowly Jade now, Emirates
I made it to gold being a few hundred short, but did have a flight booked about 2 or 3 months in the future, so that may have tipped the balance...
Old Sep 16, 2015, 5:25 am

Programs: Starwood PLATINUM, BA GOLD, KrisFlyer Blue, GFF Silver, BATS After Work Club, Emirates Silver
Thanks for your comments. I'm certainly not going to go all the way to BKK for it, I'll probably drop them an email just before expiry, with proof of my next flight with them, and see if they'll give it to me. The extra 12kg would be very useful.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 7:29 pm

My Silver status expires at the end of October and don't envisage getting it back in the near future.
If I book a flight for July 2016 before Silver status expires will I still receive Silver status entitlements when I fly or do I need to still have Silver status at the time of the flight ?
Old Sep 21, 2015, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by Balmain Boy
My Silver status expires at the end of October and don't envisage getting it back in the near future.
If I book a flight for July 2016 before Silver status expires will I still receive Silver status entitlements when I fly or do I need to still have Silver status at the time of the flight ?
You'll still need to be Silver at the time of your flight, unfortunately.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 7:39 pm

Appreciate the quick response, thanks.
Does it works vice versa then?
That is, if you don't have Silver when you book but later acquire it before that particular trip you then receive the Silver benefits.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by Balmain Boy
Appreciate the quick response, thanks.
Does it works vice versa then?
That is, if you don't have Silver when you book but later acquire it before that particular trip you then receive the Silver benefits.
Indeed - what matters is the status validity at the time of travel.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 7:43 pm

Got it - thanks for your insight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.