Wiki Posts
Search

EK enhancement

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2015, 7:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Gold
EK enhancement

Arrived quite late last night from EK16 (one of the runways was shut or something).

Anyway on arrival at the CD area there is a new sign pointing you to a desk if you have not booked your car. I think this is a sign that if you don't book you will be given a car if its not too busy or only for the most premium pax - don't say you weren't warned!
Old Jun 29, 2015, 8:07 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Hmm...interesting development.

But perhaps a little premature to call it an enhancement ....? ?

DXB - for most of the time at least - is very busy. You pass through it far more than I do m3red, would you agree that's the case ....?
Old Jun 29, 2015, 9:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by subject2load
Hmm...interesting development.

But perhaps a little premature to call it an enhancement ....? ?

DXB - for most of the time at least - is very busy. You pass through it far more than I do m3red, would you agree that's the case ....?
I'm joking it's not an enhancement just a change.

I do pass through a lot 6 times in the next 3 weeks ^
Old Jun 29, 2015, 11:09 am

Ok, gotcha .....missed the irony !!

Should have spotted it really. After all, the words 'Emirates' and 'enhancement' rarely, if ever, appear in the same sentence these days.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 11:44 am

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
To be fair: I think the issue is that many people (myself include) don't always bother to pre-book cars when arriving at DXB.

So at the midnight rush hour the CD desk gets overwhelmed by arriving (grumpy and tired) pax. There are always cars available in my experience, but you end up having a backup with people waiting for their vouchers, names being called, names being not heard... In short, inefficient chaos.

So maybe this is one way to deal with this and at least prioritize people who've booked.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 12:46 pm

It's been there for at least a couple of months. Last time I flew in around mid-May at the midnight peak, I went to the prebooked line and was in-and-out in seconds. The other line was moving a lot slower.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 3:55 pm

Fair enough.

Seems I was perhaps a little hasty with my negative comment.

If it helps the 'pre-booked' line move faster, then that's a welcome development.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 10:03 pm
Original Poster

One thing they should do is to have the address details saved - it's a pain to add your address in loads of times - if they can save your credit card details they can save your address surely!
Old Jun 29, 2015, 11:56 pm

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Originally Posted by m3red
One thing they should do is to have the address details saved - it's a pain to add your address in loads of times - if they can save your credit card details they can save your address surely!
That would be an *enhancement*
Old Jun 30, 2015, 2:36 am

This morning at 530am, there were 2 people in the non-prebooked line. I was in and out in 30 seconds (pre-booked) while the other guys were still figuring out the address, etc..

Definitely a positive to speed things along for people who have pre-booked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.