Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EK Lounge FAQs and updates

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2016, 10:01 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Last I was there there was still construction work between the main lounge area and the champagne bar area, as you cross the little bridge over the main terminal area below. They may have finished it now, though, but it was still ongoing after Silvers were allowed back in for sure.
It's way too busy from my experience of walking through it recently!
Old Oct 20, 2016, 12:28 pm

Programs: Skywards
Originally Posted by Neiltoo
Flying DXB-MEL in EK First and then MEL- WLG (with QF) can we use the Emirates lounge in Melbourne or just the Qantas lounge?
I asked this question back in June and didn't get an answer, would anyone have an opinion? Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 10:53 pm

I asked this question back in June and didn't get an answer, would anyone have an opinion? Thanks in advance.
I think you are supposed to go to the carriers lounge.

The qf partnership is confusing I must admit.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 11:44 pm

You can use either EK or QF's lounge depending on your onward class of travel or status at MEL.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 9:06 pm

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Well the F lounge in B may well be on par with A. But we're talking about where us plebs have to hang out
Is this correct - the F lounges in A and B are similar enough?
Flying EK F for the 1st time, not sure where my 777 flight to SEA will be departing from.
I'd like to experience the best F lounge (will be flying with my 4yo son) - which do you recommend?
Old Oct 24, 2016, 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by bostonbali
Is this correct - the F lounges in A and B are similar enough?
Flying EK F for the 1st time, not sure where my 777 flight to SEA will be departing from.
I'd like to experience the best F lounge (will be flying with my 4yo son) - which do you recommend?
Travelling with your 4 year old son, I would just use the lounge in your departure concourse.

If your layover time allows and you are departing from Concourse C, then you might consider using the Concourse B lounge before heading over, as the kitchen in C has a reduced a la carte menu.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 10:04 pm

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Originally Posted by eternaltransit
Travelling with your 4 year old son, I would just use the lounge in your departure concourse.

If your layover time allows and you are departing from Concourse C, then you might consider using the Concourse B lounge before heading over, as the kitchen in C has a reduced a la carte menu.
Thanks - I'm allowing plenty of time for lounge visits, as I'd like to maximize the F lounge experience. My son is game - he love flying, and should enjoy a fun lounge visits.
Do both F lounges in A and B offer the spa and salon?
Do both feature kids' area as well as al-a-carte dining?
Old Oct 24, 2016, 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by bostonbali
Thanks - I'm allowing plenty of time for lounge visits, as I'd like to maximize the F lounge experience. My son is game - he love flying, and should enjoy a fun lounge visits.
Do both F lounges in A and B offer the spa and salon?
Do both feature kids' area as well as al-a-carte dining?
A is the cavernous one - spa and salon is much better but located outside the lounge area itself. Showers at A are much better than B, and there are large enclosed cigar/smoking rooms, although I recognise you are travelling with your son, so I expect you will be avoiding that!

B has a more intimate style, but a much smaller spa facility.

Both have identical menus, except that B has a sushi chef (although it is available pre-prepared in A). Kids play areas in A and B.

C has no spa and a reduced menu, but is also quite cozy, but no kids area.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 11:08 am

Programs: Skywards
Originally Posted by eternaltransit
You can use either EK or QF's lounge depending on your onward class of travel or status at MEL.
Thanks.
Onward travel is in J. Just out of interest, does the class of arrival on EK give you access to the EK lounge or only the onward flight on QF?
Old Oct 25, 2016, 11:19 am

Thanks.
Onward travel is in J. Just out of interest, does the class of arrival on EK give you access to the EK lounge or only the onward flight on QF?
Onward only unfortunately.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 10:38 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Random question...but with two flights a day, will SEA or BOS ever get an EK-branded lounge?
Old Oct 29, 2016, 4:45 am

Originally Posted by ffman999
Random question...but with two flights a day, will SEA or BOS ever get an EK-branded lounge?
I don't see why not. An example is GLA, where they started a second daily in June 2012 and opened a lounge in July 2014. Still at 2 daily now in 2016.
Old Oct 29, 2016, 4:53 am

Originally Posted by ft101
I don't see why not. An example is GLA, where they started a second daily in June 2012 and opened a lounge in July 2014. Still at 2 daily now in 2016.
HYD has 3 daily and no lounge... I think it depends on the space available at the airport and cost of establishing and operating such a lounge. They opened one in Cape Town earlier this year which had 2 daily but recently added a 3rd daily.
Old Oct 30, 2016, 1:40 am

Originally Posted by ffman999
BOS is already on the way. Opening should be early 2017.
Old Nov 5, 2016, 3:54 am

1st world question ... but flying F from KIX to DXB - there is no EK Lounge at KIX (Kansai) - will there be DP or similar champagne available in the lounge for F passengers?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.