Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EK confirmed 2-Class A380

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2015, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by eternaltransit
The seat map shows it's 20A/K, I think?
You're right of course. I read it as that when I looked at the seat map, but still couldn't post straight five minutes later.

It must have been the stolen wine I was enjoying.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 7:45 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards, IHG Rewards Club
This is amazing:

(http://www.ausbt.com.au/revealed-emi...-a380-seat-map)

why we can't have it in economy/premium economy etc?
Just cheaper then business class (less space needed and without premium service).

safety during take off and landing??
Old Aug 1, 2015, 2:16 am

Just to reality check - the BT article seems to suggest that Y will occupy the area behind UD door 1 as well? In that case, how will J pax disembark before the Y pax?
Originally Posted by ft101
It must have been the stolen wine I was enjoying.
Remember, it's not "stolen", just "strongly encouraged to be gifted against company policy"
Old Aug 1, 2015, 3:03 am

Up to now those 4 routes are with 2-class A380

CPH
08:20-12:20 14:20-23:35

BKK
03:30-12:35 16:00-19:55

KUL
10:15-21:25 01:10-04:30

LGW
14:40–18:25 20:10–06:55
Old Aug 1, 2015, 3:31 am

Originally Posted by stargold
Just to reality check - the BT article seems to suggest that Y will occupy the area behind UD door 1 as well? In that case, how will J pax disembark before the Y pax?Remember, it's not "stolen", just "strongly encouraged to be gifted against company policy"
I'd guess those lucky to enough to be between UL1 and UL2 will get to disembark at the same time as J pax

But then it's not that different to the current situation where Y pax in the front section disembark from ML1 at the same time as F pax. I'd assume the front section Y pax on the upper deck will go down the front stairs instead of UL1.
Old Nov 8, 2015, 9:23 am

Programs: TK E+, AS Gold
Here are some pics of A6-EOP at the Dubai Air Show today:

As mentioned before, the business class cabin occupies only one section at the rear of the upper deck, behind two sections of economy. The bar remains the same.

In place of shower suites, upper deck Y-class passengers at the front cabin will have access to these generously sized lavatories.

Old Nov 8, 2015, 10:21 am

On the UD front lavatories, I'm surprised they didn't do the same thing as EY and put two smaller bathrooms in the same space as the one large one. It would take up more or less the same space, and I'm sure people prefer a shorter waiting time vs. an oversized bathroom, especially if it's not going to have a shower anyway
Old Nov 8, 2015, 11:04 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
2 class 380 is bad news. More possibility of downgrades! The only plane guaranteed to have first and suites is now a possible downgrade...
Old Nov 8, 2015, 11:37 am

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by 9vska
In place of shower suites, upper deck Y-class passengers at the front cabin will have access to these generously sized lavatories.
Yay! EK - you just upped the Y experience a couple of notches. Can't wait to use one of those. I was just thinking how tiny the J lavs are on the 777s and this is way way better for Y!
Old Nov 8, 2015, 11:40 am

Programs: Skywards
any pictures of the Y upper deck?
Old Nov 8, 2015, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by m3red
2 class 380 is bad news. More possibility of downgrades! The only plane guaranteed to have first and suites is now a possible downgrade...
Hey suck it up big boy or should the maid change your nappy? EK are making economic decisions that's it. What it comes down to is that major corporates come up with what they think is a great idea and then hmmmmm it didn't. How you keeping anyway its been awhile
Old Nov 8, 2015, 12:05 pm

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Can't wait for you to be in downgraded J giving **death stares** to the Y pax using the *luxurious* lavs up in the front
Old Nov 8, 2015, 12:39 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
If you're that worried, guess you could always downgrade yourself by simply booking J to start with. That way you there's no fear of them doing it to you. Plus ....you get to save a whole lot of cash too !

Just spotted DP in my local Tesco earlier today on offer at only £99. Bubbly stuff never does anything for me personally ; but with you being a big fan, you can use the F>J fare savings to get yourself a couple of cases
Old Nov 8, 2015, 2:31 pm

The sheer difference in the number of Y seats in the 3- and 2-class A380s are such that I would be amazed to see last-minute substitutions for anything other than the direst of emergencies.

Given how EK packs the aircraft, I can't see how they're going to be able to swap between the configs without massive disruption.
Old Nov 8, 2015, 3:28 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by stargold

...................... I would be amazed to see last-minute substitutions for anything other than the direst of emergencies.

Given how EK packs the aircraft, I can't see how they're going to be able to swap between the configs without massive disruption.

Well I see the point you're making, but not sure I entirely agree.

The 'disruption factor' would, of itself, not be enough to prevent a swap IMO (after all, EK, along with most carriers, are no strangers to disruption - whether self-imposed or not !). Nor do I believe it could only happen in the 'direst of emergencies'.

If a particular 380 flight on a particular day was showing very poor demand for F, lighter than average demand for J BUT very high demand for Y, then a late swap could well come into the equation.

But in practice I suspect that the extremely low ratio (currently, and for some time to come) of 2 class versions to 3 class will be what makes it a rare occurrence. The limited number of 2-class craft will almost always stick to the routes for which they were bought.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.