Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

How do you Transit Emirates to FlyDubai at DXB?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2015, 7:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Diamond/Ambassador, QF LTG, VA G, Marriot LTG, Radisson VIP, Hertz Presidents Club

Hi,

How do you transit from an Emirates flight (Terminal 3) to a FlyDubai flight (Terminal 2) at DXB? Do I need to clear Immigaration and Customs, collect my bags and then re Check In with Fly Dubai? Or will the bags be checked through and I simply need to change terminals to board the next flight?

I am arriving on an Emirates Flight from Australia (on a Qantas QF ticket) connecting to a FlyDudai flight to Kiev, Ukraine.

Thanks !
Old Apr 25, 2015, 8:34 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

You should be able to check your bags through.

Edit - corrected below!

Last edited by DYKWIA; Apr 25, 2015 at 3:36 pm
Old Apr 25, 2015, 11:32 am
GJu

http://www.emirates.com/english/plan..._flydubai.aspx
Old Apr 25, 2015, 12:39 pm

For an EK to FlyDubai connection there are dedicated internal transfer desks - you should be able to check your baggage straight through and take an airside bus to Terminal 2 from Terminal 3 (only applies to EK/FlyDubai bookings). If you didn't get an onward BP for the FlyDubai sector, you'll need to pick one up at the airside transit desks at Terminal 3.

There is signage at the various security transfer points throughout Terminal 3 - what will happen is eventually you get herded to the central bus gates at Concourse B (Transfer Desk K I think?), where staff will arrange your airside transit coach.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 3:36 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by eternaltransit
For an EK to FlyDubai connection there are dedicated internal transfer desks - you should be able to check your baggage straight through and take an airside bus to Terminal 2 from Terminal 3 (only applies to EK/FlyDubai bookings). If you didn't get an onward BP for the FlyDubai sector, you'll need to pick one up at the airside transit desks at Terminal 3.

There is signage at the various security transfer points throughout Terminal 3 - what will happen is eventually you get herded to the central bus gates at Concourse B (Transfer Desk K I think?), where staff will arrange your airside transit coach.
I've corrected my post above! Thanks.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
I've corrected my post above! Thanks.
Probably best to note that if it's EK to another airline at T2 (even on same itinerary), you were correct, in that you have to pass immigration and customs and get yourself round to Terminal 2 on your own, even if your bags won't have to if they are interlined!
Old May 26, 2015, 3:42 pm

Baggage transfer at DXB

I did this on a Delta/FlyDubai connection, ATL to DOH. There is a bus that will take you to Terminal 2 without going through passport control (if your bag is checked through). On the way out Delta would not check my bag through to Doha because I had an 11 hour layover. I paid Marhaba to get the bag and send it forward to Doha, and then spent the night at the hotel in the terminal without going through immigration. It was expensive though and if I were to do it again I would claim the bag, go through immigration, and stay at the Holiday Inn near the airport. On the way back the layover was shorter and FlyDubai checked the bag through to ATL. I took the shuttle bus from Terminal 2 (flydubai) to Terminal 1 (Delta) without going through passport control: it all worked smoothly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.