Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free) 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free) 2015

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2015, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by VSLover
i tried searching and the information is a bit ... all over the place

i am a BA gold/AA ExP/one world emerald. i am flying SIN-DXB-LHR in economy

SIN-DXB on a QF flt num (emirates operated of course)
DXB-LHR on QF1

will i have access to the first lounge being in coach but a one world emerald/highest tier for one world?
Yes, you will have access to the F lounge in Concourse A at DXB. Unfortunately you won't be allowed access to the lounges in Concourse B or C.
Old May 24, 2015, 5:37 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by eternaltransit
Yes, you will have access to the F lounge in Concourse A at DXB. Unfortunately you won't be allowed access to the lounges in Concourse B or C.
ok thank you!
Old May 25, 2015, 9:40 am

Hello all

Quick question I'm travelling tomorrow in Y with 4 friends (No Skywards) who are on the same booking reference as myself (Gold status). Does anyone know if we can we all use the Gold/Silver check in counter as we are travelling together or will we have to use the Economy check in?

Thanks
Old May 25, 2015, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by Finbin
Hello all

Quick question I'm travelling tomorrow in Y with 4 friends (No Skywards) who are on the same booking reference as myself (Gold status). Does anyone know if we can we all use the Gold/Silver check in counter as we are travelling together or will we have to use the Economy check in?

Thanks
Yes, you can, no problem.
Old May 26, 2015, 8:47 am

Hi, Just joined Flyertalk and have a question about Dubai Connect.

I am flying LAX to CCU & back in November and was planning to choose the longer flights although shorter flights are available. Should the Dubai Connect button show up in MMB after I have booked the flight or is there any indication that Dubai Connect will be offered based on my choices prior to booking?
Old May 26, 2015, 8:54 am

If shorter transfer times are available, you can't use Dubai Connect.

Welcome to FT ^
Old May 26, 2015, 9:00 am

Thanks for the lightning response. I feel welcomed.

So, in case the shorter flights were not available there will be an indication that Dubai Connect will be offered before I book the ticket or is it a given?
Old May 26, 2015, 11:09 am

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by boleboom
Thanks for the lightning response. I feel welcomed.

So, in case the shorter flights were not available there will be an indication that Dubai Connect will be offered before I book the ticket or is it a given?
I haven't booked after the recent changes to the Dubai Connect rules so can't confirm, but earlier, during the booking process the system would typically point out if an itinerary was eligible for Dubai Connect.

From the rules of Dubai Connect.
http://www.emirates.com/english/plan...i-connect.aspx
If you book your flights on emirates.com, you will be notified during the booking process if your itinerary/fare qualifies.
Old May 26, 2015, 12:53 pm

jackiedada- I read somewhere that for some it shows up after booking. Singapore Airlines had something similar but have not flown with them in a while. I am also looking at Cathay Pacific but not sure if they have something similar but they do happen to have the shortest total travel times available for my itinerary.
Old May 26, 2015, 1:06 pm

Programs: Skywards
jackiedada- I read somewhere that for some it shows up after booking. Singapore Airlines had something similar but have not flown with them in a while. I am also looking at Cathay Pacific but not sure if they have something similar but they do happen to have the shortest total travel times available for my itinerary.
You can also just call EK, they can tell you if you are eligible or not.

General rule, no connection under 8h (Y) or 6h (C) available or cabin (not booking class) already sold out at the moment of booking for the shorter routing plus a minimum fare has to be met (in Y)
Old May 26, 2015, 4:58 pm
bsd

Programs: UA 1MM, NZ Gold Elite
Question EK gates at AKL

Asking in here - not worth a separate thread.

AFAIK, there are two A380-capable gates at AKL: that is, 15 and 16.

In the late afternoon, when there are THREE EK A380s leaving (to BNE, MEL and SYD) which gate is allocated to the third A380?

Follow-up questions too ...

Does this third gate allow for separate boarding for the top and bottom decks of the A380?

Is this extra gate always allocated to a particular destination (e.g. EK 435 to BNE) or is it just random?
Old May 26, 2015, 7:36 pm

Not a given, there have been conflicting reports with ticket price (reported as being minimum $1,000 US before taxes and charges) and even nationality entering the mix.
Old May 27, 2015, 12:55 am

Programs: Skywards
Minimum fares depends on the departure:
1200$ from EU, far east and australasia
1000$ US, gulf, middle east, iran, west asia, indian ocean
900$ east africa
950$ rest of africa

It is always fare + fuel
Old May 27, 2015, 2:17 am

Programs: QF platinum, M&S Elite
Aussie Looking for Status Credits on First trip to USA

Hello All,

New member of FT here and have been enjoying the steep learning curve that is travel hacks. I was hoping for some assistance in maximizing status on Australian FFP's - QF and VA. Currently I am Platinum on QF and Basic on VA and wife is Silver on QF and just signed up on VA.

We have booked J class tickets on Cathay from HKG-LAX on 2-Nov-15 and returning on J Cathay from JFK-HKG purchased through AA bought points on recent promotions That has opened my eyes to cheap premium travel and im hoping to capitalise with our in between flights that I have not booked yet.

I am thinking of an itinerary for my wife and I as per below:

LAX-SFO-LAX-LAS-ATL-FLL-JFK = $1439 USD on Delta First class and crediting those to VA. This would roughly give us 640 SC since VA can family transfer.

We are arriving in LAX on 3rd Nov and only need to be in FLL to catch a Caribbean cruise from 15th Nov (noon) to 22nd Nov (08:30). The rest of it is basically spending 2-3 nights in Vegas and NY (a must) and the rest is pretty much up for grabs. Happy to do what it takes to improve our status in terms of flying so I would love suggestions on better status earn rates for VA partner Delta or even if I should go with AA instead and sign up for the platinum challenge. Cash wise I would like to keep it <$2k AUD each for American flights.

Also open to some status earning on the way home from HKG-PER, seems like NZ will give us enough for platinum on HKG-AKL-PER PE for ~$1900 AUD...

I'll try to answer some questions I got from another post so you may understand my situation better:
1) What is your home airport?
PER

(2) How many miles do you usually fly each year & in what class?
~50k miles

(3) What types of fares do you usually buy?
22/yr work trips from PER - ZNE (1264miles RE) on QF PE
2/yr PER-SYD-PER trips - Economy with point upgrades on the longer leg SYD-PER)
2/yr trips to either BKK/DPS/SIN - so far in Economy on QF or JQ (with +bundle to accrue points)

(4) Can you choose your airlines and/or, class of service? Do you travel for work and/or pleasure?
Can choose any options on the leisure trips

(5) Which routes do you fly most often?
Reply: Mostly within Asia but will now be looking at one larger trip per year i.e. NAmerica/SAmerica or Europe

(6) Do you have FFP status of any kind of OW or other airline at present?
QF Platinum, M&S Elite via status match, Wife has QF Silver

7) What is most important to you in a FFP?
Reply: Lounge access and points earn/burn

(8) Preferred Airlines
Reply: QF/CX/Emirates in OW; Haven't flown *A yet but guessing SQ/TA

Thank you for taking the time to have a read.
Old May 27, 2015, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by kuroko
Minimum fares depends on the departure:
1200$ from EU, far east and australasia
1000$ US, gulf, middle east, iran, west asia, indian ocean
900$ east africa
950$ rest of africa

It is always fare + fuel
My fare is over $1000 from US. I will try booking tomorrow and see if it goes through. DoT rules allow cancellation within 24 hrs. If that does not work out I may go Cathay as duration of flights both ways are much shorter than Emirates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.