Wiki Posts
Search

Saver upgrades

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2015, 7:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: EY Plat, EK Plat, QR Plat, Hilton Diamond
Saver upgrades

With the new fare rules am I right in thinking that all Y savers are now eligible for upgrades?

I am doing a few searches and cant seem to find a saver with the upgrade only available at check in note.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 7:33 am
Original Poster

Hmmm ok, think I have already disproved this! my searches were using the multi route function.

DXB-BHX and then ATH-DXB.... It doesn't show you the breakdown doing this kind of search but doing a more normal a-b b-a serach it shows what can and cant be upgraded.

Does anyone know how I would be sure if a saver can be upgraded in my case?
Old Feb 28, 2015, 8:59 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
I believe now all Saver tickets can only be upgraded at check in. Previously it was possible to upgrade some of them before, and some of them only at check in. This is if you ticketed after the changes took effect.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 12:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ung1
I believe now all Saver tickets can only be upgraded at check in. Previously it was possible to upgrade some of them before, and some of them only at check in. This is if you ticketed after the changes took effect.
Thanks Ung1 - So I will need to see if I can get a flex ticket on this leg of the journey. its annoying that you can select the fare type for F/Y/J for a regular booking but with these multi-city trips you can only choose F/J/Y.

I will make a call and see what they say.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.