Wiki Posts
Search

Best Economy Seats A380

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2015, 6:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: Emirates Skywards Silver
Best Economy Seats A380

I have scoured the internet reviews to see what is the best seat for a single pax on an A380.

Unfortunately it is not possible to pre-select anything in Rows41, 67 or 80, yet Row 52 seems to be available for pre-selection.

I am 6ft 4 and would like a seat with decent leg room. I have read that the best choice would be either row 45 or row 54 in the centre bank of 4.

Any thoughts ?
Old Feb 25, 2015, 7:33 am

Programs: EK Silver, BA Blue, MH Blue
I was recently in 68K (so I think the same probably applies for 68A, as well as 81A and K) which was marvellous - rows 67 and 80 have the A/K seat missing, so there is a massive gap to the row behind. Legroom aplenty, and the window too (although from 68, the curve of the wing rather takes up the entire view)!

It was also slightly further away from the lavatories, so if anyone was waiting, they weren't hanging around right in front of you. I don't know if these are available for pre-selection, but I think as the agent had to call to release the seats they are probably only available at check-in.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 11:06 am

Programs: Emirates Silver, BA, Flying Blue, Virgin, IHG
I always go for the back and on my last trip had three seats to myself.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 12:09 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold | South African Airways Voyager Gold
Originally Posted by HelloKittysMum
I always go for the back and on my last trip had three seats to myself.
That could backfire as EK always seats group bookings at the back. We flew as 30 high school boys from DUR to LAX and back. I feel sorry for those hoping for a quiet and empty cabin...

On the DUR-DXB I had a row of 4 (only 3 empty seats in the cabin too! ) and LAX-DXB I had a seat next to me empty.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 3:04 pm

45 D or G for me as you have room to stretch your legs out at the side of the bulkhead in front of you, which is the outside wall of the Purser's Office under the stairs.

I'm not sure how the bulkhead at Row 54 is compared to this. The problem with either of these is that they are also bassinet rows.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 9:07 pm

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Row 54 is a bad place to sit. It looks like a bulkhead seat but just seems to have a foot of leg space available. Worse than sitting in any of the standard seats.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 2:23 am

Programs: Emirates Gold + BA Silver
52k is my preferred seat, have sat on this particular seat 3 times out 5 A380 flights.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by scotclif
52k is my preferred seat, have sat on this particular seat 3 times out 5 A380 flights.
Again a bassinet position, so the possibility of disturbance or even being moved altogether to one of whatever seats remain.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 2:53 am

Programs: Emirates Gold + BA Silver
Originally Posted by ft101
Again a bassinet position, so the possibility of disturbance or even being moved altogether to one of whatever seats remain.
Never been moved or had kids near me i the 3 flight i have had that seat. I did have a rather annoying Ukrainian couple who were obviously heading for a honeymoon vacation. Red roses, cakes, lots of snuggling - a tad uncomfortable for me
Old Feb 27, 2015, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by scotclif
Never been moved or had kids near me i the 3 flight i have had that seat.
I've never been moved either, just wanted to make sure the OP knows it is a possibility.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 6:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: Emirates Skywards Silver
It seems to come down to a choice between 52K and 45 D then
Old Feb 28, 2015, 9:32 pm

How is the seat pitch and width on the A380 in economy? Also, do the seats recline or move down and forward. How is the padding? Would you recommend flying Emirates JFK - DXB - BKK?
Old Feb 28, 2015, 11:54 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Exec Plat (2MM)
There are no good seats on a 380, unless of course you personally know or can bribe a check-in agent.

As I have said before, I don't see why EK doesn't give priority to Golds/Plats, but while it doesn't I won't seek status with them (that means not spending money their way).
Old Mar 1, 2015, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by Budley
. . . . . while it doesn't I won't seek status with them (that means not spending money their way).
I think you mentioned that once or twice before.

You forget to say about your lifetime zillion mile Tufty Club Membership.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by Budley
There are no good seats on a 380, unless of course you personally know or can bribe a check-in agent.

As I have said before, I don't see why EK doesn't give priority to Golds/Plats, but while it doesn't I won't seek status with them (that means not spending money their way).
What I meant to ask was the seat pitch sufficient on EK A380? They are supposed to have about 34 inch pitch which should be fairly good for economy. I flew Singapore A380 and the seat pitch was only about 31-32 inches. Not really comfortable. Of course Singapore makes up for it with all of the other attributes. Still like a more comfortable seat, though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.