Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cabin Crew Flag Pins

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2015, 2:24 am
Original Poster

Cabin Crew Flag Pins

Should be across the fleet in February, but now you can see the nationality of cabin crew by their flag lapel pins which are being introduced (so many Australians!). The rumor is that they would have been introduced in the New Year, but someone at HQ ordered North Korean flags instead of South Korean...really...(maybe the same person in charge of IT?!)
Old Feb 1, 2015, 2:50 am

Saw those on my flight day before yesterday. Its a nice touch, but not everyone was wearing them. I was told 14/15 Feb everyone should have theirs and wearing them, and the cabin crew seem to like them however one member commented how some crew were now getting into "gangs by nationality" when they are all from one country.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 3:02 am

It's a nice tough. But gangs by nationality would have started when they joined Emirates?
Old Feb 1, 2015, 3:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KU104
Saw those on my flight day before yesterday. Its a nice touch, but not everyone was wearing them. I was told 14/15 Feb everyone should have theirs and wearing them, and the cabin crew seem to like them however one member commented how some crew were now getting into "gangs by nationality" when they are all from one country.
Bit of an Australian mafia on my trip yesterday (who were all fun to talk to, I might add!), but I don't think it's that bad - the internal crew scheduling program on smartphones already lists crew nationality, so they have plenty of time to already form gossip gangs! Think it really depends on the SFS to manage their crew properly, as it always has been.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 3:17 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by jamjaruk
It's a nice tough. But gangs by nationality would have started when they joined Emirates?
???
Old Feb 1, 2015, 4:30 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
???

Gangs/friendship formed by nationality when cabin crew joined Emirates?
Old Feb 1, 2015, 4:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jamjaruk
Gangs/friendship formed by nationality when cabin crew joined Emirates?
I think gang is probably a bit too strong a word - sure, like any major expat community like cabin crew in the Middle East, people do tend to make better friends with people who they have a shared background with, and that's especially true with cabin crew who probably haven't ever met 90% of the colleagues they are flying with that day before, but the bonds formed of training batch mates and flat mates in the shared accommodation are probably going to be just as strong (or stronger) than any national kinship...
Old Feb 1, 2015, 8:57 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold | South African Airways Voyager Gold
This is a good touch! A really good idea IME, much like cruise ship staff where the country of the worker is displayed under their name.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 10:27 am

Programs: EK, BA, EY, SQ, IHG, HH, SPG
Cabin Crew Flag Pins

I always preferred it when we got to play the "guess where I come from" game!
Old Feb 1, 2015, 10:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Havoc10G
I always preferred it when we got to play the "guess where I come from" game!
You mean the, "easy introduction line to flirt with crew" game?
Old Feb 1, 2015, 10:49 am

So instead of "hmm so where are you from?"

You now have "ah, I see you're from xyz" to start off with. Not too bad.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 10:54 am

Programs: EK, BA, EY, SQ, IHG, HH, SPG
Cabin Crew Flag Pins

And where is the fun in that Ahmed! The best response would be "yes" before they disappear!

And yes eternal you a right; mea maxima Culpa!
Old Feb 1, 2015, 11:11 am
Original Poster

And where is the fun in that Ahmed! The best response would be "yes" before they disappear!

Haha! Well, you will have to rely on wit and charm more now, instead of relying on the easy intro and iO status to stand out

Still, I expect you fly enough to know enough tricks to get crew to open up to you, haha!
Old Feb 1, 2015, 11:12 am

If they wanted to disappear they would say that they were from xyz and do so anyway!
Old Feb 1, 2015, 11:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ahmed777
If they wanted to disappear they would say that they were from xyz and do so anyway!
He's an iO though, even if they don't want to be on the receiving end of flirting, they have to tolerate it slightly more than from other pax

Still, Havoc10G is not the first and certainly not the last pax to flirt with crew, especially not the first and last iO pax - I think there is a member of this board who used to date a crew member! They are used to it, so as long he isn't a creep, it's part of the job of being cabin crew...!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.