Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Seven and three quarter hours in Dubai

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2015, 8:53 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by m3red
Mr aceboy, the comment was referring to someone else who is a minor and isn't allowed in the lounge.

The only thing ruined in here is your reputation!
There are seemingly no bounds to aceboy's capacity to entertain ...........
Old Jan 28, 2015, 9:03 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold | South African Airways Voyager Gold
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emira...-dragon-6.html

Shall I remind everyone of this...
Old Jan 28, 2015, 10:50 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by aceboy44
I have no idea where you got that info. from! Today I flew to Dubai and returned the same day and used my miles to upgrade to first class. Thinking about your comment prior to departure I said to myself "Hmm, he could my right! I have over 6 hours of transit so they may not let me in!" I took the metro in Dubai to pass by time, then came back with T-4 to departure. I asked the lounge staff regarding the time limit of staying in the lounge and the response I received was that as long as I have my boarding pass with me, I can stay as much as I wanted!

I blame this guy's comments for ruining my first class lounge experience. Lesson to be learned here: Never trust FT commentators unless they are experts and trusted. Listening to this guy's comments wasted me extra 3 - 4 hours of lounge access in first class (yes, I am mad about this!)
What on earth are you going on about now?

Old Jan 28, 2015, 11:41 am

Programs: WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by m3red
Mr aceboy, the comment was referring to someone else who is a minor and isn't allowed in the lounge.

The only thing ruined in here is your reputation!
How am I supposed to know that it was directed towards a minor? I don't even know people's age around here. The post seemed ambiguous to me. Even if it was directed towards a minor how do you know that minors are not allowed into the lounge? Did you ask a lounge staff? Do you work for Emirates? How on earth do you know that minors are not allowed into the lounge?

The OP asked a genuine question
Originally Posted by HelloKittysMum
Any ideas what to do? Will have lounge access but am not sure there is enough to do for nearly 8 hours...
And then Ahmed responded:

Originally Posted by Ahmed777
I would just sleep/work/eat/shower in the lounge. Maybe look around the shops in A for a while. The time will pass quickly.

I would think that 7 hours is too little time to leave the airport for. I'm sure people do it though.
Then this guy out of no where jumps in and says:

Originally Posted by ft101
If you were allowed in.
As some one who has never spent more than 3 hours on any of Emirates lounges around the world (until today, and one other time when boarding was delayed) what does that tell you? Well, to me it indicates that this guy clearly knows what he’s talking about (which unfortunately is not the case here) and is telling Ahmad that the lounge staff will not allow him (or you) to remain in the lounge for 7+ hours just to “sleep/eat/shower/etc.” Since this forum is designed to get expert opinions from expert travelers I do take comments posted here seriously, but unfortunately this time the comment was fake (or so my experience was with the lounge,) as per my conversation with the lounge staff this morning in Dubai. Yes, it is my fault for not directly asking Emirates prior to my arrival to the lounge, nevertheless, I still take your comments guys seriously. Since I trusted his comment I lost 3 hours of my time...

After my conversation with the lounge staff this morning, I consider this to be an amateur’s post, and to avoid reading amateur posts like these in the future and avoid wasting my time reading them I will just add him to my Ignore list from now on, as hopefully this action will ensure I will read less amateur posts on these forums in the future.

What a waste of good 3 hours to experience the lounges..... Well, at least I explored some parts of Dubai through the metro system

EDIT: Oh and regarding my reputation, tell me a time I posted a false information around here.... I dare you to find me just one....

Last edited by aceboy44; Jan 28, 2015 at 11:49 am
Old Jan 28, 2015, 12:01 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold | South African Airways Voyager Gold
Did you read the link I posted? If not, please do and you will get the connection. It is obvious that he was referring to me and me only.

I'm sure his post was not intended to misinform you. From what I've seen, ft101 is a really nice and helpful guy/girl with much expertise.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by Ahmed777
Did you read the link I posted? If not, please do and you will get the connection. It is obvious that he was referring to me and me only.

I'm sure his post was not intended to misinform you. From what I've seen, ft101 is a really nice and helpful guy/girl with much expertise.
I'm not going to read it (even if I read it what good will it bring me? It will not bring these 3 hours back for me which were wasted taking that comment into consideration.) In addition, although just scrolling around the link there seems to be much writing to read, and even if it had to do with the comment he mentioned, you did not post such link in your earlier comment, hence new readers like me have no idea what is going on and will easily get confused, hence they will get the false information and might have the same bad experience which I had this morning.

Regarding what you mentioned about him/her, may I remind you that I also am an experienced (I said experienced not expert yet...) traveler and would happily give advice to those in need without misleading them?
Old Jan 28, 2015, 12:28 pm

Your inability to interpret a forum posting does not mean that posting is inaccurate, as demonstrated here.

Quoting Ahmed777's post indicated it was directed at him/his post, not at the OP or the thread in general.

PS. Could someone please quote this post on case aceboy44 has actually worked out how to put me on ignore. I'd hate for him to miss it.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 12:36 pm

Programs: EK, BA, EY, SQ, IHG, HH, SPG

Reminds me of that great quote from dumb and dumber. "Just when I thought you couldn't get any dumber you go and so this and totally redeem yourself!"
Old Jan 28, 2015, 12:45 pm

I am posting these comments to alert future readers from a potential bad experience due to this ambiguous comment and this is what I get in return? No problem! I will not delete my comment unless some one convinces me that I crossed the line here. Only then I would apologize for my actions.

I'm officially done with this thread. Talk bad about me all you want, but I have no intentions of posting another response here. I did my job, which was to inform every one that according to the lounge agent which I have spoken to this morning, you can have access to the lounge as long as you have your boarding pass with you, so 8 hours or 12 hours, it doesn't matter as long as you have your boarding pass.

Alright, good night folks
Old Jan 28, 2015, 1:47 pm

Old Jan 28, 2015, 2:50 pm

My eye's just started bleeding, does Emirates have lotion for that?
Old Jan 28, 2015, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Emirates Silver, BA, Flying Blue, Virgin, IHG

I assumed that the point about if you are allowed in was directed at people (and plenty do consult the forum) who aren't in business and don't have status (as well as those under age).

I certainly wouldn't have made a decision about leaving airport based on this comment.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by ft101
Your inability to interpret a forum posting does not mean that posting is inaccurate, as demonstrated here.

Quoting Ahmed777's post indicated it was directed at him/his post, not at the OP or the thread in general.

PS. Could someone please quote this post on case aceboy44 has actually worked out how to put me on ignore. I'd hate for him to miss it.
Fixed for you ft101

I too felt it would be an injustice for aceboy to miss your post.

Of course, I am all too aware that I now run the risk of my being added to aceboy's 'ignore' list. But somehow I will have to deal with that challenge, and will not hesitate to seek professional help if the situation becomes traumatic......
Old Jan 28, 2015, 4:31 pm

And let's not forget - despite the many amusing aspects to this thread - that there is also a very serious side to things here.

We are advised that aceboy's enjoyment of the lounge was tragically (and unnecessarily) shortened, and that three hours of highly-desirable, much-prized lounging time were lost for ever ("yes, I am mad about this!")

It's difficult to overstate the damaging long-term effects that such deprivation can cause in one's later life.........
Old Jan 29, 2015, 12:24 am

Originally Posted by subject2load
We are advised that aceboy's enjoyment of the lounge was tragically (and unnecessarily) shortened, and that three hours of highly-desirable, much-prized lounging time were lost for ever ("yes, I am mad about this!")
On the upside... people in the lounge got 3 hours extra peace and quiet not having to listen to toys being thrown of of prams.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.