Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

looking for lounge or inexpensive options--Dubai 7 hr stopover

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2014, 9:57 am
Original Poster

We have a 7-hour stopover in Dubai when travelling from Mumbai to Dublin. we are flying economy class with Emirates and have 2 small kids as well.
can someone recommend a lounge or any other not too expensive option for spending the 7 hours--I read on the web that the Emirates lounge is available only for business class passengers.
I arrive in Dubai at 0015 hours on 1-Jan and my onward flight is at 0715 hrs..Both the flights are arriving and departing from Terminal 3 in Dubai

Since the flight is < 8 hours we are not eligible for the Dubai Connect facility of Emirates, so willing to pay for an option as the arrival time is at night.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 5:02 pm

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by puremeteor
We have a 7-hour stopover in Dubai when travelling from Mumbai to Dublin. we are flying economy class with Emirates and have 2 small kids as well.
can someone recommend a lounge or any other not too expensive option for spending the 7 hours--I read on the web that the Emirates lounge is available only for business class passengers.
I arrive in Dubai at 0015 hours on 1-Jan and my onward flight is at 0715 hrs..Both the flights are arriving and departing from Terminal 3 in Dubai

Since the flight is < 8 hours we are not eligible for the Dubai Connect facility of Emirates, so willing to pay for an option as the arrival time is at night.
There are several pay to enter lounges. Gold members can access the Business class lounge with a guest. Silver members also have a lounge, I have found good rates on the airside hotels on hotel websites rather than direct or pass immigration and book into a hotel near the airport, there are many hotel booths in the arrivals hall to get a cheap or good one with shuttle.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 2:11 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Etihad Gold
The Holiday Inn Express might be a good option, it is very close to the airport. Inside the airport itself there is Dubai International Hotel that is a bit more pricey, but the best option if you are in transit. Spent 7 hours in EK Concourse A business lounge last week, wish I didn't because it is so noisy. I also tried the quiet section at the end of the lounge, although you have a nice area to relax the seat is not comfortable for sleeping due to continual sliding.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 6:35 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold | South African Airways Voyager Gold
Originally Posted by lightyear40
The Holiday Inn Express might be a good option, it is very close to the airport. Inside the airport itself there is Dubai International Hotel that is a bit more pricey, but the best option if you are in transit. Spent 7 hours in EK Concourse A business lounge last week, wish I didn't because it is so noisy. I also tried the quiet section at the end of the lounge, although you have a nice area to relax the seat is not comfortable for sleeping due to continual sliding.
I find those pod-like sleeping things rather comfortable for sleeping. I also like that staff cover you with a blanket if you are sleeping. It is also quite conducive to work, and has a great view. ^
Old Dec 3, 2014, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the response.
ok, finally looking at the cost factor and looking at the purpose of getting some sleep, we have decided to go with Snoozecube--http://snoozecube.com/ . Let's see how it goes.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 9:30 am
Original Poster

hi, just to say that the snoozecube experience was not bad, even though we were with kids. we need a few hours of peaceful sleep and we managed to get it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.