Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

First class lounge while transitting Dubai

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First class lounge while transitting Dubai

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2014, 6:54 pm
Original Poster

Question First class lounge while transitting Dubai

Hi all,

What a great forum!

I've new to Emirates, but have been lucky enough to be on my third long haul flight with them in a year, and think the business class is great.

With my new found skywards miles, and the first flight coming up from LHR-DXB, it seemed a great opportunity to upgrade to First for the flight, although it's not a very long journey.

My question is this... with my First class ticket LHR-DXB, can I on arrival to DXB get into the First class lounge? I'm flying business DXB-RUY 4 hours later, and with a stopover in the middle of the night the quiet rooms in First sound ideal.

If I've no chance then I'm sure I'll survive in the business lounge for a nap, but just thought I'd seek your advice on whether my First status ends the second I land in Dubai...

Thanks!
Old Nov 28, 2014, 7:29 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Hi there jamester, welcome to FT

You've hit the nail firmly on the head in your very last sentence !

Lounge access is determined by the class of your next departing flight, not arrival.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 7:02 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Hello and welcome..
Subject2load is right, I'm afraid this won't happen.. Had the same situation Last month and I was denied access
Old Nov 29, 2014, 10:24 am
Original Poster

Ah thanks guys, that's a shame, but not a surprise.

aljubouri - was it a very firm no, do you think worth trying it at all?
Old Nov 29, 2014, 12:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Safe to say jamester that the lounge staff have seen & heard it all before. You'd be wasting your time. Stick with the lounge that you're entitled to use.

I'd be very surprised if aljubouri tells you any different !
Old Nov 29, 2014, 12:10 pm

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC, IC Plat Amb, LH FTV
They are consistent on this - there is always a chance you may get a sympathetic agent but I very much doubt it (I have seen quite a few people turned away)
Old Nov 29, 2014, 5:37 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Yep, unfortunately that's shame but it's true.. Just don't waste your time and take either left or one level up towards J lounges. (Depends on your terminal)
by the way, funny enough after that I was upgraded to F at the gate
Good luck
Old Dec 11, 2014, 5:44 pm

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by subject2load
Safe to say jamester that the lounge staff have seen & heard it all before. You'd be wasting your time. Stick with the lounge that you're entitled to use.

I'd be very surprised if aljubouri tells you any different !
There is a nice work around to this rule I've used successfully many times in the past. If you are arriving in F but departing in J, then everyone here is correct, the lounge to use is the J lounge UNLESS YOUR FARE BASIS IS F I carry a printout with me and show the lounge attendant that while my flight to say, Karachi?? is in J, my flight from JFK was in F and the fare basis for BOTH JFK and Karachi flight is F, I have never been denied admittance when doing this.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
There is a nice work around to this rule I've used successfully many times in the past. If you are arriving in F but departing in J, then everyone here is correct, the lounge to use is the J lounge UNLESS YOUR FARE BASIS IS F I carry a printout with me and show the lounge attendant that while my flight to say, Karachi?? is in J, my flight from JFK was in F and the fare basis for BOTH JFK and Karachi flight is F, I have never been denied admittance when doing this.
Technically you are departing in F though (the highest cabin), it's just your next flight only has a "business" cabin configured EK IT can't handle it! Also works if the fare basis is A/Z class.

This also works at outstations: say you are going J/F class DXB-BKK-SIN: the BKK-SIN leg on 3K is on Jetstar with all economy seating, but you are still allowed access to the lounge at BKK during the stopover. Skywards members in Y won't be as the onward sector is not operated by EK though.

Although, chinatraderjmr if you are iO you don't need the printout anyway because they will just let you in anyway...!
Old Dec 11, 2014, 11:21 pm

Programs: General Awesome Guy
Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
Similar +1. On an award ticket where i flew F to J, but was charged as if the entire trip was F. EK went so far as to add notes to my ticket saying this, and saying that i should be granted access to F lounge. Important to note that the flight to which I was connecting did not F.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.